Gun with easy to reach controls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picturing your knuckle catching the paddle release on your P22. How is that happening?

It's not anymore! I sold that gun.

That was 8+ years ago. I'm not 100% sure what was causing it, but it would do it a significant portion of the time (50% or so). It would release the mag just enough to not load the next round. It wouldn't do it to my wife, so it was specific to my hand size and/or grip.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless your strong hand becomes unusable

At which point in time the easy ability to access controls becomes moot no matter which way things are set up unless they are 100% ambidextrous in which point the controls would already be that way to begin with where no changes need to be made.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At which point in time the easy ability to access controls becomes moot no matter which way things are set up unless they are 100% ambidextrous in which point the controls would already be that way to begin with where no changes need to be made.
Like a Walther PPQ or VP9?

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canik TP9SF Elite, or SFX.. Great shooter, large, ambidextrious lever Slide catch/release and easy to operate mag release. Also very reasonably priced.
CanikTp9SFElite.jpg

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Small town living means low stock gun stores. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to ENS on the 16th I believe there will be a whole bunch of folks there that have a large assortment for you to get a feel for. My 45 Shield is pretty easy on the controls and is good in my hands. Not much difference in felt recoil from my 1911.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's just a question of grip length and you like everything else, get the "compact" version of the same pistol. Trigger length and everything else will be the same.

Either that, or look to see if you can use the longer mag with one of the "grip sleeves" I've seen from other manufacturers.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are left handed, the extended mag release on a glock will dig into your middle finger, or at least it did mine.Enough to where I had it changed to the regular mag release.

Latest posts

Top Bottom