Gun world rant/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the guy said "6 shots of 357 is a lot of firepower" and I said "It's 5 of .38"
This sums up all my Gun World experiences right there. Having a lot of knowledge of firearms and their history myself I go in there when I'm bored on my lunch break to get my kicks. I once asked to look at an AK and the guys hands me an SKS. I said "No, the AK right there with the polymer stock". Then he hands me the OTHER WOOD SKS!

Another time I ask to look at a 4x overpriced Steyr M1895 STRAIGHT PULL carbine. He tells me all about the history of the gun which was totally wrong including what country it came from. Then when I correct him he gets arrogant about how he knows all about these thing. Meanwhile I'm trying not to laugh as this guy struggles to turn the bolt on the rifle to open it. He finally gives up and says how hard they can be to open and hands it over to me. I yank it right open and explain how it is a straight pull and its from Austria.

The only thing I've ever bought from there was a G3 sling and a bag of 30-40 krag brass about 15 years ago.

Last edited:

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went to a local gun show which I never do anymore. There still is, and has always been, the tables with overpriced junk guns and 20 year old worn out boxes of "new" ammo priced twice as much as the same stuff at Walmart. I always just figured these people aren't in it to make money on sales but to just show off a collection and hope some sucker comes along. I just don't understand what makes it worth paying for the table.

I always thought of Gunworld as the store version of this, except open all year and free to enter.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not allowed to step foot in their business now going on close to 10 years. It got ugly inside the store. I was told to leave. I came back with you will ”ask me to leave” not ”tell”. That did not set well with them. I pushed it where they called the popo. Then I left and was told to never step foot on their land again. Permanently banned, threatened with trespassing charges if I do. Even the popo knew it is a sore on the community.

All over them trying and almost selling a used Glock 17 Gen 3 to a young man for $800. I couldn’t keep my mouth shut.

I too am utterly surprised they stay open.

Last edited:

AlexTrumu

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They still have ammo and rifles in there that I saw back during the first obama gun scare. Its ridiculous. I am convinced that the store is a front for money laundering or something of the sort. They tried to sell me tapco AK mags for $60 each a few years ago. Their Korean steel mags were $80 each. Do they still have bargain AR's priced at $3-4K?
Yes actually I’m pretty sure I saw a first gen M&P15 for 4 figures

Latest posts

Top Bottom