Gun world rant/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn was pricey, too…. I bought a Ruger No. 1V in 25-06 Rem from them. They hit me for full MSRP, but I wanted it and they were willing to order it. Well before the interwebs, if you hadn’t figured that out😛

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Full retail is chump change compared to what the Gunworld klowns charge. It's not just high, it's beyond ridiculous. The poster who said they thought it was a money laundering deal may be spot on. They've been a complete joke for years now.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn Arms. My dad bought some guns there just before the new record keeping kicked in back around 1969. Don't have the slightest idea what happened to them. wink wink
Used to have lunch at Big Bees and go to Mashburn. Worked at John H. Cole Co. back then.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Full retail is chump change compared to what the Gunworld klowns charge. It's not just high, it's beyond ridiculous. The poster who said they thought it was a money laundering deal may be spot on. They've been a complete joke for years now.
My other guess is a tax writeoff. But that’s a terrible way to go about it.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun World purchased Mashburn Arms & Tytler (T-Grips) when they were located on south Eastern in an oilfiled supply yard.
The owner was a big gun collector and had his collection in the building, but most of it was not for sale!

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe Gun World is the straggled left behinds of someone that either once being part of or was using Mashburns name thru several location and store front name changes and trasitions over the years. Gun prices and accessories are one thing to fall victom too and it's even worse when the purchase is a self inflicted wound to one's own wallet. Rumor has it to be even more wary of their gunsmith service. $$$

Latest posts

Top Bottom