Gun world rant/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, the "owner" used to run the Mashburn store on south Eastern Avenue, and his first name may be Mike. I don't know the capacity, but I seem to remember him being with the sheriff's office, but perhaps as a deputy instead of sheriff.
That's him, I thought he had something to do with oilfield stuff, the old shop off Eastern had a lot of equipment in there for drilling rigs around the building where the gun shop was. He also bought Tyler's grips out at about the same time.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there many years ago while wife was in the hospital, just to shoot my little NAA 22mag. Asked the girl for a box of .22 mag, she pulls a brick out of the ammo case and says $6.95 plus tax. It was tempting, but I had to tell her there were 10 small boxes in the big box, and they were $6.95 each. I was hoping she would drop her clothes and perform sexual favors for me being so brave and honest, but sadly she just said, “Thanks, I didn’t know that.”

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone Remember Outdoor America? Weren't their prices pretty reasonable?
Yep, bought my first Thompson Contender there back in early '80s. When he died and they closed the place they found all the records of the firearm purchases in the dumpster and on the ground behind the building

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone should experience it at least once.lol
Everything except for the purchase experience. Back in 2012 there was a major ammo shortage due to possible pending legislation, remember paying $38 for .380 Ball ammo there. He was the only one who had it. Oh well, learned a lot about ammo shortages. Also learned to buy ammo at stores not tied to ranges. Henry's in Yukon did have some fairly reasonable prices. Too bad one cannot do an Ammo IRA and ammo cost average into it every month like a gold or silver IRA...

Latest posts

Top Bottom