Gun world rant/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
WHY oh why is this store so expensive? I drive around for work and I was on the east end of town a while ago. I had a couple minutes between appointments so I figured I'd check out Gunworld.
I got real excited when I walked in because they have a GREAT selection of firearms. All kinds of shotguns, revolvers, semi auto handguns, quality bullpups and conventional rifles. Whoo doggy it felt like 2019. And then I start looking at prices.

$700 for shield plus?!?!

$40 for 50rnds of CCI Blazer 9mm????

$600 for a Taurus 856???

$700 for a bodyguard 38??

$700 for a gen 3 Glock 19??????!!!!!!!!!

40 DOLLARS FOR PMAGS
Is this for reals?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember right, the "owner" used to run the Mashburn store on south Eastern Avenue, and his first name may be Mike. I don't know the capacity, but I seem to remember him being with the sheriff's office, but perhaps as a deputy instead of sheriff.
Last I talked to him, owner is Mike. I go in there when I can to look at the pretty guns. Most of the time, I can't afford to buy one. Odds are pretty good if you want something sorta special, he'll have it. It won't be cheap. I like him, and can't blame him for running his store the way he wants. Haven't had any safety problems there, either. Could be just lucky.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1679803173462.png

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn History
1) On Linwood (bank expended and forced them out)
2) Moved two blocks north (very short time)
3) Moved to Penn north of 10th street
4) Family Death, and they marked down every thing in store.
5) Oil man on Eastern purchased remaining inventory.
6) Moved Gun shop in to building in oil field equipment yard. (Every thing was marked sky high)
7) Purchased Melvin Tyler's inventory and moved it to a small building in oil field yard (only did mail order)
8) Gun World opened by Oil Man's Family

SW shooters was on Main Street next door to a Big Bearing MFG, then moved to 6th & Virginia, then closed.

Post from 2014

Google Maps
Mashburn was next to Penn Theater on Penn

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 205318.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 205318.png
    911.8 KB · Views: 0

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn History
6) Moved Gun shop in to building in oil field equipment yard. (Every thing was marked sky high)
7) Purchased Melvin Tyler's inventory and moved it to a small building in oil field yard (only did mail order)

SW shooters was on Main Street next door to a Big Bearing MFG, then moved to 6th & Virginia, then closed.

Post from 2014

Google Maps
Mashburn had a store off Eastern Ave, among oil field equipment, when I was there the couple times I wandered in, but could not afford anything... Don't think it was as late as 2014, though could be wrong.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mashburn History

Post from 2014

Google Maps
Would love to have an orginal Mashburn rifle in a Mashburn caliber but they bring big bucks now.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I LOVE Gunworld. LOL. NO I’m not trolling either. When I go in I don’t even look at their guns. They might as well be permanently bolted to the walls. When I walk past their ammo it’s all I can do to keep a straight face, seriously. I go there for the gun range. Reasonably priced, air conditioned, great filtering system, electronic retrieval for the targets which will tell you exactly how far your target is away. The best thing, I’m almost always by myself when I’m shooting.
Also I understand Gunworld. From what I’ve been told the owner used to be a Sheriff. I was also told he won a huge lawsuit many years ago and could care less about making money. He would rather make a large profit off 1 gun than a small profit off 100 guns. I know this because years ago I talked to one of his new managers that told me he was going to make big changes at Gunworld. So the manager emailed me back after talking to the owner and said, they had a come to God meeting about the future of Gunworld and the owner told him nothing was going to change.The owner has no desire to be a high volume store. The guy caters to the police, who are there all the time, and that’s it.

Have you been there recently? I used to go there to use the range on a regular basis for the reasons you listed.

Last time I was there, probably last fall, half the lights in the range were burnt out, the AC wasn't on, and half of the lanes were closed due to the electronic target retrieval systems being broke. On the remining lanes you had to look for one that actually worked because many of them were broke too. To add insult to injury the lane fee went up to something like $21.

Hopefully that has changed?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you been there recently? I used to go there to use the range on a regular basis for the reasons you listed.

Last time I was there, probably last fall, half the lights in the range were burnt out, the AC wasn't on, and half of the lanes were closed due to the electronic target retrieval systems being broke. On the remining lanes you had to look for one that actually worked because many of them were broke too. To add insult to injury the lane fee went up to something like $21.

Hopefully that has changed?
Oh wow! No I just moved back after being in Illinois for 2 years. Damn! That range was like my big secret. Anyone know of a good range in Norman? LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom