Gun world rant/question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is because old man Fred was a distributor for a very long time and not just a retail FFL. I always laughed when I would hear people complain about poor service , disgruntled retail customers didn't put outdoor America out of business. He died and his nephew didn't want to continue running the business , I miss Outdoor America Store it had its own charm to it .
Outdoor America would have a no interest sale about every 6 months back in the good old days. They would run a small ad on Sunday in the outdoors section of the newspaper. I would show up on Monday and get something good.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoor America would have a no interest sale about every 6 months back in the good old days. They would run a small ad on Sunday in the outdoors section of the newspaper. I would show up on Monday and get something good.

SW Shooters did as well. I bought a 92 FS from them on the 6 months no interest deal in the paper. $529. They sold my note to a finance company in Yukon. Killed my credit for a couple years.

I bought that Beretta in 1992, and still have it. It’s never been fired, but I’d always wanted one and couldn’t pass up that deal. I didn’t have much money, but I had a job. I remember cutting the ad out of the Sunday paper and taking it to the store and telling them to drag one out I was taking one home.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was still working and had cash on me at all times. I went to Outdoor America and spent about 45min in the store waiting on the 3 guys behind the counter to stop talking about how good they shot. I decided it was not worth the time and walked out never to go back. They had no idea just what I wanted to buy and how much I had, I was not worthy of their time.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was still working and had cash on me at all times. I went to Outdoor America and spent about 45min in the store waiting on the 3 guys behind the counter to stop talking about how good they shot. I decided it was not worth the time and walked out never to go back. They had no idea just what I wanted to buy and how much I had, I was not worthy of their time.
If you weren't a regular in there all the time thats the way you were treated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom