Gunbroker adds another fee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got this by email today.

On 7/26/2021 GunBroker.com will be assessing a compliance fee. The fee will be assessed on the purchase price of the item only and will be added to the order total paid by the buyer. The compliance fee will be collected by the seller and remitted to GunBroker.com through the seller fee ledger. The fee will appear as a separate line item on the seller statement.

Example:
Compliance-Fee-Screenshot.jpg
What is the Compliance Fee?

The Compliance Fee is a fee assessed by GunBroker.com and added to the price of the Item at the time of purchase. The U.S. states have been very active in passing new laws applicable to GunBroker.com, including in the areas of taxation, privacy and firearms. These laws have increased the compliance costs of GunBroker.com substantially.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In evaluating the purchase price of an item on Gunbroker, beware the Seller may charge a 3% or more credit card fee, a shipping fee, a Gunbroker compliance fee of 1%, sales taxes based on your zip code, which all might impact a decision to purchase that firearm or accessory.
Those that don't already have it built into their prices . . .

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In evaluating the purchase price of an item on Gunbroker, beware the Seller may charge a 3% or more credit card fee, a shipping fee, a Gunbroker compliance fee of 1%, sales taxes based on your zip code, which all might impact a decision to purchase that firearm or accessory.
I have seen as high as a 6% credit card fee on GB. That's when you pay with USPS postal money order!

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a ton of firearms off of GB. If one likes nice stuff and doesn't want to spend half your life wheeling and dealing to find weapons that aren't abused or plastic, the internet is the easiest way to get old school, real wood and steel well preserved toys. And expensive. I have more firearms than I could ever shoot, or need (which is not inclusive of "want"). I really hate all these BS fees, maybe now would be a good time to end this addiction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom