Gunbroker charges?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen some mention the tax that gunbroker is charging on items bought is pretty high. Could someone clue me in on what or how much it is, I'm looking at a couple of items but if the tax added on is that significant I can wait!!! Between shipping charges, FFL transfer charges and now a tax added on pretty much makes it not worth it unless its a killer deal and haven't seen any of those on gunbroker in a long time!!! Thanks
Chris

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it goes by the buyers zip code.
Is it off the buyer's zip code or the receiving FFL's zip code? I wish it was off my zip code since we are in county and have no city sales tax for orders delivered here. It completely offset the cost of having a safe delivered from Tulsa and installed.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They'll charge you sales tax based on the delivery address. For example: I live in Olustee. No FFL nearby so I have to have a firearm shipped to Altus. Gunbroker charges sales tax based off the FFL's Altus zip code (a little over 9%) instead of the 6% or so I pay in Olustee.

Then Gunbroker will charge you a "Compliance Fee" of 1%. That's added on to the final price of the item.

And, most dealers will charge you 3% to 3.5% for using a credit card. Then the FFL will add their transfer fee.

Yeah...unless it's something really special, Gunbroker just isn't worth it any more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom