Gunbroker shill bidders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not saying they are, or aren't. But it's suspicious.

I've been trying to buy a relatively scarce firearm off GB for a couple of months. The bids plateau and stagnate for several days, then, for this particular model, without fail, somebody with the infamous and dreaded "NR" jacks up the price.

Not saying they're "shill" bidders, but ...........

7bebd458-dfe9-4c35-beee-da10caaaa99b.jpg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger, but...:censored:

GB has a ton of shill bidding etc. You just have to decide at the last minute how much you want it then jumpin with both feet and three checkbooks. I always say "it wasn't meant to be" and try on the next one. May as well, the money's already budgeted for a new toy anyway.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not saying they are, or aren't. But it's suspicious.

I've been trying to buy a relatively scarce firearm off GB for a couple of months. The bids plateau and stagnate for several days, then, for this particular model, without fail, somebody with the infamous and dreaded "NR" jacks up the price.

Not saying they're "shill" bidders, but ...........

7bebd458-dfe9-4c35-beee-da10caaaa99b.jpg

Um yeah, it's just a part of GB. Sucks that the sellers play games like they do.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lot of auctions are like this. When I bid on surplus equipment, I wait to the last seconds or minute to bid. Why run up the price early, except to scare some folks off or eliminate them from bidding. I guess there are different strategies. Some are looking for a low ball price, some are bidding because they want the item. Who knows.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GunBroker has a 15 minute rule. In the last 15 mins of the auction any bid will reset the clock to 15 mins to close. Personally, I don't understand why a seller would place a fake bid on his/her own auctions. If he/she winds up being the high bidder, even under a fictitious name, he/she has to pay the fees for the auction then go thru the hassle of filing a "non-paying bidder" claim for a refund. Plus, the "buyer" is now assessed the "Compliance Fee" and has to have a payment method (such as a credit card) on file that will be charged.

Maybe I'm naive but that seems like a lot of hassle.

I'm fed up with GunBroker, too...just for different reasons. I'm tired of being nickeled and dimed to death for selling or buying something. It has to be something pretty special before I'll resort to GB these days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom