Gunbroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sell most always on GunBroker. As you can see from my avatar, I modify(ATF calls it manufacture) Ranch Hands into what I call Peg Laigs and Hog Laigs(see avatar). I've also modified Henry Mares Legs as well. I make them less than 16" long to make them legal to carry in Oklahoma.
2014_0326PL0120002.JPG
DSCF0001.JPG
2013_0930PL0060004.JPG

GunBroker has been good to me and for me. I've sold more than 20 of my 'creations' out there. I have also bought a few guns through GunBroker as well.

Woody

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You get what, 2 rounds in the mag?

Because of the basic design of the Henry receiver in the calibers above 22LR, capacity is 3 (2+1). The converted Rossi's, with the 1892 Winchester action(Browning's design), the capacity is 6 (5+1) for the Hog Laig(Pictured in my avatar), and 6 (5+1) for Peg Laigs with the small loop lever and 5 (4+1) with the large loop lever. I make several modifications to the magazine tube assembly that allows the maximum possible capacity given the length of the cartridges, spring length when compressed, my new designed follower, and the removable end cap replaced with a silver-soldered-on end cap.

I made a "tactical" version for one customer (picture attached). I made one for another customer who wanted one to replicate the Mares Leg used by Woody Harrelson's character in the movie "Zombie Land" (picture attached) complete with dinged up furniture and marled up blueing on the barrel(This one is longer than 16").

Woody
2014_0426_ELM44_0001.JPG
Zombie Laig ZL001 003.JPG

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because of the basic design of the Henry receiver in the calibers above 22LR, capacity is 3 (2+1). The converted Rossi's, with the 1892 Winchester action(Browning's design), the capacity is 6 (5+1) for the Hog Laig(Pictured in my avatar), and 6 (5+1) for Peg Laigs with the small loop lever and 5 (4+1) with the large loop lever. I make several modifications to the magazine tube assembly that allows the maximum possible capacity given the length of the cartridges, spring length when compressed, my new designed follower, and the removable end cap replaced with a silver-soldered-on end cap.

I made a "tactical" version for one customer (picture attached). I made one for another customer who wanted one to replicate the Mares Leg used by Woody Harrelson's character in the movie "Zombie Land" (picture attached) complete with dinged up furniture and marled up blueing on the barrel(This one is longer than 16").

Woody View attachment 61645 View attachment 61646
Those are some cool toys. I kind of want one. What do they sell for?

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Peg Laig in 357/38SPL, 45LC and 44MAG with the large loop lever, 5 round capacity, sells for $895.00. Those same calibers with the small loop and 6 round capacity sell for $1,295.00. The Hog Laig in those same calibers sell for $1,395.00.

I also make Peg Laig and Hog Laig versions out of Henry Mares Legs in 22LR and will soon have one built in 22WMR. The Peg Laig in 22LR sells for $680.00, and the Hog Laig in 22LR sells for $795.00. I don't have a price for the guns in 22WMR yet.

I will convert your lever action pistols as well.

You can see these on GunBroker.com. Search for "Peg Laig" or "Hog Laig". I have three up for auction right now, all in 357MAG/38SPL. I don't have a web site right now, nor do I have a video of me shooting one. I'm just a small town, one man operation.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom