Gunbroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I left Gun Broker a few years ago after a similar incident with a seller. Preferring a good old face to face transaction. I have found Armslist to be a decent forum for local sellers and buyers. Plus there is a chance to visually inspect the item prior to handing over the hard earned cash. Nothing wrong with either, just my preference.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its ironic, I guess it depends what you're looking for.
I find just about everything I want locally face to face.
My buddy...no such look so he's gotta get most off of GB...and tends to have more issues with the stuff he acquires.

Last one I had shipped in was a limited edition rifle from 1986 since the months and months of searching netted no results locally.

I guess buying used in any way is always a gamble but I'm betting face to face brings out a bit more honesty in people.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made several purchases off GunBroker never had a bad experience myself. I'm usually looking for rare or oddball stuff. Have bought a couple of sets of dies and brass a handful of times but mostly guns. I will by local if I can. Really glad we finally got a Cabelas. I find about one a year in their gun library that I have to have and can have it shipped here to inspect before I buy. Nice feature they offer.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Thomas Kevin

New to the site!
Reaction score
That's a drag.
I sell most always on GunBroker. As you can see from my avatar, I modify(ATF calls it manufacture) Ranch Hands into what I call Peg Laigs and Hog Laigs(see avatar). I've also modified Henry Mares Legs as well. I make them less than 16" long to make them legal to carry in Oklahoma.View attachment 61603 View attachment 61604 View attachment 61608

GunBroker has been good to me and for me. I've sold more than 20 of my 'creations' out there. I have also bought a few guns through GunBroker as well.

Woody
I sell most always on GunBroker. As you can see from my avatar, I modify(ATF calls it manufacture) Ranch Hands into what I call Peg Laigs and Hog Laigs(see avatar). I've also modified Henry Mares Legs as well. I make them less than 16" long to make them legal to carry in Oklahoma.View attachment 61603 View attachment 61604 View attachment 61608

GunBroker has been good to me and for me. I've sold more than 20 of my 'creations' out there. I have also bought a few guns through GunBroker as well.

Woody
Hi! I will be purchasing a Henry 12.9 inch

Woody
Very soon I will purchase the Henry 12.9 LC 45 caliber and a Rossi Ranch Hand 45 colt mare’s leg. So could those 45s be modified as seen on Steve Mcqueen “Wanted Dead or Alive”?

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm making my first purchase from Gunbroker after having an account for many years. I won a bid on a used Colt Special Combat Government 45 ACP for $1275. Mailed a cashier's check by priority mail to avoid the 3% credit card fee. Hopefully it will be here by next weekend ...

Last edited:

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yall buy or sell on gunbroker?
I almost always buy locally...but a buddy of mine buys almost exclusively from gunbroker.

For those of you who sell on there...do you use the checkout function? If not, why so? Seems having to wait for emails to go back and forth really slows down the process, especially on something like accessories.

I like the idea but havent really had much of a use for it. I've probably made 3 purchases from there, none of which are firearms.
i have used it lots of times without problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom