Guns at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok got a question for the legal knowledgeable people the company I work for has no signs posted saying no guns I have talked to the main guy and he has said he don’t want them in the shop if something happens he can get his out of his truck lol anyway if I have one in my lunchbox and to it to my work area and lock it in my box in a separate compartment from my tools can they make me unlock that compartment and search my box and lunchbox or should I just leave it in the truck? I’m sure a lot of you know what kind of people work in welding shops and on construction sites or should I just do it anyway

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he carries in a truck holster(so not anti self defense), maybe he would be agreeable to a quick access safe mounted in the shop that only the two of you have access to. Just a thought.
You could put a High Point in it or something you already have but don’t carry or shoot regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's a work truck, they can make you unlock any compartment to check it. If it's your truck on their property, provided it is set aside as a routine parking place, they cannot legally force you to let them search it. They're not law enforcement. However, OK is not a right to work state, if they suspect, ask you to search and you decline, they can find another reason to dismiss you pretty easily. You might have a lawsuit, but it would be a major uphill battle. Those are a lot of ifs.

But the OK State Legislature passed a law stating that an employer cannot prevent you from keeping a firearm in your locked vehicle while on company property, if it is a place set aside or designated as a parking place. And they have no right to search your person, bags or vehicle, to my knowledge. IANAL, however, so you might want to consult actual legal counsel if it's a major issue for you.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I didn’t make myself clear I guess I want to take it in the shop in my lunchbox and lock it in my personal toolbox away from the rest of my tools

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine works at Boeing and usually carries outside of work.
One day a co-worker who he doesn't get along with decided to tell security that he had a gun and they searched his locker, his backpack and his truck after pulling him into a private room to question him for an hour.
Thankfully he didn't have it with him that day, but gov facilities don't play that shite.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day a co-worker who he doesn't get along with decided to tell security that he had a gun and they searched his locker, his backpack and his truck after pulling him into a private room to question him for an hour.
Thankfully he didn't have it with him that day, but gov facilities don't play that shite.
Not a gov facility

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yet another reason to keep it on your person! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom