Guns for the Amazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is possible ,but unlikely at this point because I'm old , crippled and cranky but I would like one more adventure before I take up the rocking chair.
I have til sept. To make up my mind.
Ahhhh I figured this was one of those hypothetical threads. Will you be taking treks into the jungle or just around towns/villages?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So from further correspondence with my contact I have learned that semiauto anything is strictly forbidden.
He said last time he went he carried a Rossi 357 lever action that stay on a mule most of the time and a tuarus 357 revolver both sourced locally by the company employing them

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no clue what it is like down there now. But when I worked for a company that built oil field drill bits back in the 90's, we had to open a manufacturing facility in Caracas Venezuela because the government required everything to be built in-country with no imports, just prior to the government takeover of the oil companies by Hugo Chávez. Massive political unrest with kidnappings for ransom the norm as the economy was going into the tank.
The company hired armed guards for the crew that was sent there to move our machinery and start up the product line to build the bits.
It seemed money was the weapon of choice. Bribes had to be paid to everybody.
With the drug trade, corruption, and political issues going on down there right now, It's not a good place. Open gun battles in the streets for turf, etc.
Sounds like Chicago huh?
Don't know the circumstances of the "investigation", but I'd sure take something with lots of firepower, because your likely to meet someone with just as much if not more. Can you even import firearms?

Edit: I see you can't.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So from further correspondence with my contact I have learned that semiauto anything is strictly forbidden.
He said last time he went he carried a Rossi 357 lever action that stay on a mule most of the time and a tuarus 357 revolver both sourced locally by the company employing them

I'd guess this is going to be your best bet. Also much easier to be able to turn them in or sell them back at the end of the visit.

Pliskin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ideal guns would be Yugo M92 with Magpul folding stock and Dead Air suppressor, Glock 20, and a Ruger SR22. Without semi, .357 levergun, M&P R8, and Ruger Single Ten.

For knives, Esee 4, Junglas, and Lite Machete.

Also a good watch, top of the line boots and socks, Emberlit wood stove, firestarter, backpack, washable TP so I don't run out, good water filtration system, first aid kit, and a hammock bed with a closed net.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom