Guns In Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving in to work just now, I heard a report on KRMG-FM that, according to the Tulsa County Sheriff's office, the majority of Tulsa's 48 gun homicides were committed with stolen guns--most taken from cars. Also, in the last 72 days, there have been a reported 77 guns stolen from cars.

In light of this, do you keep any of your guns in your car? If you do, how do you secure it/them? Naturally, these sre rhetorical questions and I don't expect anyone to answer in this thread. I only want to start people thinking.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving in to work just now, I heard a report on KRMG-FM that, according to the Tulsa County Sheriff's office, the majority of Tulsa's 48 gun homicides were committed with stolen guns--most taken from cars. Also, in the last 72 days, there have been a reported 77 guns stolen from cars.

In light of this, do you keep any of your guns in your car? If you do, how do you secure it/them? Naturally, these sre rhetorical questions and I don't expect anyone to answer in this thread. I only want to start people thinking.
100% of murders are committed by people. Guns have jack and **** to do with it...let alone the origin of the murder weapon. The end.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never I said NEVER leave a unattended firearm in a vehicle, That's what my holsters for. It's not doing me any good locked up in my truck.The consequences of someone stealing it is too high. just my 2 cents..

Well, there are times when I have a choice to either break the law or leave the gun in the car for a bit. Most places, honestly, I don't really care about the "No Guns" signs.

Some places, though, I'm not willing to take a chance. A post office or other gov't type building where guns are prohibited. I might have to stop into a courthouse or post office briefly to conduct business during my day. I don't have a problem leaving my gun in the car for a bit for something like that.

I'm not going to leave my gun at home just to avoid leaving it locked in my car for a short period of time because I can't take it inside a particular building.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that as well.
Kind of a tough nut to crack if you work at a "no-gun" facility.

Best shot is make your vehicle as thief proof as possible, and watch where you park.

I refuse to blame gun/car owners for what thieves do.
I would bet that most are not because they had to leave a gun due to a "no-gun" facility. I have a lock box in the vehicle for such an issue, super easy to use, very secure, and inexpensive.

Most of what I see is on local area forums like nextdoor indicating the gun was stolen out of their vehicle overnight while it was in the driveway. I will without hesitation blame these folks, it's just ignorant.

Next would be guns stolen from homes during a burglary, can't blame folks for those, but it is easy to make them harder to find.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hardly ever leave my gun in my truck but I do have a lock box that slides in and out from under my drivers seat in my truck. It’s just big enough for one pistol. I have thought about over the past year having one installed under my back seat that could hold a rifle as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom