Guns In Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of what I see is on local area forums like nextdoor indicating the gun was stolen out of their vehicle overnight while it was in the driveway. I will without hesitation blame these folks, it's just ignorant.

Gun owner leaves a gun in his locked vehicle at his residence and you blame the owner when some thug breaks in and steals it.

Why do you consider them not at fault when the home is broken into?

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Handgun Safe brand in my vehicle. It's made of steel plate not sheet matal and I have it bolted all the way thru the body. I don't think many scum bags would have the tools and time to break into this one.

simplex.jpg

simplex-1.jpg

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Handgun Safe brand in my vehicle. It's made of steel plate not sheet matal and I have it bolted all the way thru the body. I don't think many scum bags would have the tools and time to break into this one.

simplex.jpg

simplex-1.jpg

30 seconds with a screw driver and a hammer will get into that.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be helpful to know more about the particular cases of firearms stolen from vehicles. I certainly feel that leaving guns in vehicles for anything other than temporary storage is a mistake. Adding layers of security is certainly a good idea if you must leave a firearm inside a vehicle. Glove boxes, center consoles and door pockets are going to be the first places checked by thieves going through a vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom