Guns In Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I certainly feel that leaving guns in vehicles for anything other than temporary storage is a mistake.
That's the point I was trying to make.
Adding layers of security is certainly a good idea if you must leave a firearm inside a vehicle. Glove boxes, center consoles and door pockets are going to be the first places checked by thieves going through a vehicle.
Good tips.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun owner leaves a gun in his locked vehicle at his residence and you blame the owner when some thug breaks in and steals it.

Why do you consider them not at fault when the home is broken into?
Who said I was blaming anyone? However, to answer your question, it's easier to clear a car of any weapons. As for a home, it would depend on how the guns were stored and if there were any alarm systems in use.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remove any that I normally don’t keep in my vehicle, ie ones that just see hunting or long range. I have hidden lock boxes for a handgun in all my vehicles and it stays there until vehicle is started.
I’ve got a pretty sweet setup on one of mine, nobody would ever look and if they did they wouldn’t see em or get to them. It’ll fit at least 8 rifles and still be hidden…

okgunner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't leave my handgun in a hot car, they might get overheated and die. So I take them in the store. Unless it is work where I cannot take a firearm in.
Too many smash and grabs though. Secure your firearms somehow at home and in the car.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving in to work just now, I heard a report on KRMG-FM that, according to the Tulsa County Sheriff's office, the majority of Tulsa's 48 gun homicides were committed with stolen guns--most taken from cars. Also, in the last 72 days, there have been a reported 77 guns stolen from cars.

Did KRMG "quote" the sheriff's office or did someone from TCSO actually utter those words? Just curious, because I have no trust for KRMG's reporting in general.

Last edited:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a subcompact Glock in a holster in the lower console of my truck. I wear a full size Glock concealed but also don't care if I print or if the barrel peaks out the bottom of a t-shirt if I lean forward. The truck gun is for a rare occasion I have arrived at a location I care about concealment.

To prevent it from being stolen, I lock my doors and avoid areas with a large representation of poor people.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I used to pay attention to those next door apps it blew my mind how many people had their cars broken into or stolen and they swore that was the one and only time that they ever left their car unlocked. I call total ******** to that, aint no way that you only ever left it unlocked once and they just happened to come by that night. You're an idiot and got popped because you're careless and leave your **** unlocked and refuse to admit that it's a regular occurrence.

You can watch the videos of people security cameras until you're blue in the face and it is always some thug checking door locks and moving on. They get to your car and it's locked they move on. None of these people had their car smashed or anything else, the bad guy found an unlocked door and easy victim and took off with whatever they could.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But why make it easier for the S.O.B.s to carry out their evil plans?
Curtailing freedoms of the righteous, in order to "attempt" to control evil ....now where have I seen this before? If it saves just one child!!

Listen, I'm not arguing the sensibility of securing weapons. It isn't just tweakers that steal stuff. Sometimes it's kids who don't understand the permanent effects of their actions. I don't leave guns in my car.

But let's be perfectly clear....the main point of the story was to insinuate that the vast majority of murders committed are the fault of the tool, and the original tool owner. Not a GD speck of that story honestly discusses the actual problem. It's a disingenuous attempt to victim blame...rather than accept the repercussions of 50+ years of Liberal agenda.

Some people want to turn the whole of society into a giant day care center for fools. Freedom is dangerous. Deal with it in your own way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom