Guns In Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This lowest hanging fruit?? is 85 years young so try and pick this low?? hanging fruit and you are going to get a belly full of Lead! as for heavy people? My friend across the way sits at his bench press every day pumping Low hanging 350lbs. He is a ex-LEO that couldn't get his waist size down so lost his job. Somewhere around that 50 some inch waist lies a 1911 and two mags. Surprise! Surprise! Low Hanging Fruit My Butt!!

I get you're trying to flex but your exaggerated anecdotes have little to do with the point I'm making.

OH and FWIW bench press almost NEVER translates to fighting ability.

Last edited:

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get you're trying to flex but your exaggerated anecdote have little to do with the point I'm making.

I get you're trying to flex but your exaggerated anecdote have little to do with the point I'm making.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You totally missed my point about old and overweight people being easy pickings.
"OH and FWIW bench press almost NEVER translates to fighting ability". I disagree with that also as I taught self defense classes for twenty years at my Do Jo. I also boxed as a amateur at lightweight going 17-1-1 at the Cambria Boxing Club in Philadelphia, PA in 1950's. I even got to spare with Rocky Marciano for three rounds. (I went home that day with badly bruised ribs) So yes I know something about fighting ability. I grew up in the area where they made the movie "Rocky" with Sly Stallone. One had to know how to fight to live and go to school there. I am also a retired Ironworker out of Philadelphia so look out for those heavyweight guys in a street fight! Now we have female Ironworkers that could probably kick my Butt now.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love this debate. It always goes exactly the same way, for exactly the same reasons.

Because it's not just one debate. It's actually two separate debates. It's two sides, both making their arguments as if they are right and the other is wrong, and neither side realizing they are talking about different things (there is an intersection point, but the arguments are not mutually exclusive). And it goes on and on because NEITHER SIDE ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE OTHER SIDE.

Side A: The thief is responsible, don't blame the victim
Side B: The victim should be smart, and not make themselves a bigger target

So... side A is actually correct. You SHOULD be able to leave your gun anywhere without someone stealing it, a woman SHOULD be able to wear whatever she wants or go wherever she wants without worrying about being raped, and you SHOULD be able to walk through a dark alley with $100 bills hanging out of your pockets and not be robbed. And IF someone takes your gun, rapes you, or robs you, They, and only they, are responsible for what they do.

But... in the real world, there ARE people who will take advantage of those situations, and WILL rob, rape or steal from you. So you can't do those things safely.

Side B is actually making a DIFFERENT point that is also true. BECAUSE there are people who will take advantage of those opportunities, it's just smart to take steps to reduce the odds of being a victim. This is also true.

Side A is arguing from the perspective of how things SHOULD be.
Side B is arguing from the perspective of how things actually are.

And this analysis will be ignored for the same reason the debate goes on and on. Because everyone wants to argue their side, without listening to any other perspective. Actually, I'm using hyperbole. There are a few who recognize both issues, but the heat comes from Side A and Side B believing they are exclusively right, and not actually hearing what the other side is saying.

It's fascinating, because as many times as I've seen it on message boards, it always goes exactly the same way. It's basically four pages so far of people talking and not listening. Carry on, it's entertaining!
Side A is arguing from the perspective of how things SHOULD be.
Side B is arguing from the perspective of how things actually are. How things are is the winner here. How things should be is like living in Never, Never Land or like a Child would think. The way Things that actually are is learned the hard way from experience. Sorry but a girl wearing a short skirt does not deserved to be raped and it is sick to think so as it does not seem to affect the general populace that way. Only in some minds does this happen???

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree with that also as I taught self defense classes for twenty years at my Do Jo. I also boxed as a amateur at lightweight going 17-1-1 at the Cambria Boxing Club in Philadelphia, PA in 1950's. I even got to spare with Rocky Marciano for three rounds. (I went home that day with badly bruised ribs) So yes I know something about fighting ability. I grew up in the area where they made the movie "Rocky" with Sly Stallone. One had to know how to fight to live and go to school there. I am also a retired Ironworker out of Philadelphia so look out for those heavyweight guys in a street fight! Now we have female Ironworkers that could probably kick my Butt now.

Look at you doubling down on the flex. You can disagree all you like, but generally no matter the discipline, great fighters aren't muscle bound freaks and those that bench 500pds have a false sense of security. Don't really care what happened in the 50s, fighters are different now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom