Guns? SN, pics, safes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done everything the gov makes me do. @druryj just got back a stolen gun (think it was you). I am backing up my backups with backups+. Insurance requirements involve pics. How for should I go?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done everything the gov makes me do. @druryj just got back a stolen gun (think it was you). I am backing up my backups with backups+. Insurance requirements involve pics. How for should I go?

Pictures with serial numbers, about all you can do on that part. I keep them on my phone in a dedicated folder. When my house was broken into and I caught the bastards that did, meth head scum that used to live across the road, being able to show the sheriffs pics and serial numbers helped a lot in claiming my property back.

Keep in mind most "safes" people have can be broken into in a matter of minutes. What most of us have will keep you average smash and grab from getting your firearms, but one with a determined mind set can be in and out of your safe in a few minutes.

Unless you are willing spend $10,000 or more on a vault, its merely a residential security cabinet.

Fire rating is determined by how many layers of drywall are lining the walls.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures with serial numbers, about all you can do on that part. I keep them on my phone in a dedicated folder. When my house was broken into and I caught the bastards that did, meth head scum that used to live across the road, being able to show the sheriffs pics and serial numbers helped a lot in claiming my property back.

Keep in mind most "safes" people have can be broken into in a matter of minutes. What most of us have will keep you average smash and grab from getting your firearms, but one with a determined mind set can be in and out of your safe in a few minutes.

Unless you are willing spend $10,000 or more on a vault, its merely a residential security cabinet.

Fire rating is determined by how many layers of drywall are lining the walls.
Thank you, probably should have changed the title. One is none... neighbors are great, big dog/s etc. I posted this while actually logging and taking pics. You are absolutely right on "safes".
Edit* SCI will do whatever you want.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep, an OKC Police Officer notified me that a man in McCloud had bought a gun at a gun show that was traced back to me from the Police report, with description and serial number, that I filed after a daytime burglary back in 2005. It was a pistol I had bought for my wife, it had her name engraved on the slide. Anyway, the fellow said he worried over the pistol, what with the engraving and all, and took it over to the McCloud PD and asked them to run it. There are still honest people out there!

My guns are on my insurance policy with pics and serial numbers. I'm not worried that the Gubmint will try to confiscate them either...all I can say is good luck with that .

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the serial number of every gun I own* written down in two separate places. I had two stolen about 15 years ago, one was recovered in OKC two months later, the other was recovered in California four years later. I got them both back.

*Hypothetical of course...

Latest posts

Top Bottom