Gunsmith for Colt Trooper MKIII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor brought this to me yesterday. This was her husband's so she does not know any of the details other than the obvious problem. Pulling the trigger does not move the hammer, most of the time.

So, any recommendations for a 'smith in the OKC area?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Gunsmiths at Wilshire Gun have done some good work for me!! Good at sharing knowledge as well, have answered all my questions about a pistol I was working on to get running properly.
Would definitely try the good cleaning that Steel suggested before trying the smith!!!

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys nailed it. I didn't think you could be right, the trigger was smooth, the hammer would cock easily. I really thought she was going to be looking at a hefty repair bill. I removed the grips and shot some Ballistol inside, worked the trigger and hammer a few times, and WOW, it worked! I now have a very grateful neighbor! Many Thanks!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
welcome to the world of fragile temperamental Colt revolver mechanisms. One of the main reasons they are no longer produced.
The same thing would have happened to almost any revolver, not just a Colt. I have a S&W Model 27 that was very rough the first first few times I cycled the action but a good going over cleaned it up. It is now much better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom