Gunsmith for Marlin 39A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my 1894. I swapped out the lifter and it's flawless now. You can order it on brownells, think it 35.00. easy swap, not fitting required. The lifter wears over time and throws the gun out if time. Hopefully that's all you need. Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a similar issue with my 1894. I swapped out the lifter and it's flawless now. You can order it on brownells, think it 35.00. easy swap, not fitting required. The lifter wears over time and throws the gun out if time. Hopefully that's all you need. Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My .44mag 94 is in pieces on my bench for that very thing right now. Ordered the lifter a couple of days ago.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While you have you 39a apart, look to see if it has the stamped spring extractor. They can get weak and fail. Bought a Mountie on the cheap from a fella because it would not extract. "Durn thangs busted." Stamped spring extractor. Searched the innerwebs and found a place selling the older style solid part. Few strokes of a file to fit it...perfect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom