Gunsmith needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I should clarify, the hammer doesn't stay cocked when the slide is operated, so I'm guessing that I'll need more than just the trigger. Is it pretty straight forward to buy the parts and put them in? Do they need to be fitted?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's possible that the parts were installed incorrectly. Don't ask how I know that can happen. Otherwise, it sounds like the sear or hammer is damaged. You can buy pre-fit kits or buy the parts and fit them yourself.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's possible that the parts were installed incorrectly. Don't ask how I know that can happen. Otherwise, it sounds like the sear or hammer is damaged. You can buy pre-fit kits or buy the parts and fit them yourself.

That's my guess too. Sounds like it is just an assembly error. Wish you were in OKC, I'd be happy to look. I'd check that assembly out before I started replacing anything. Pop that MSH and make sure the sear spring is in right; the left leg of the sear spring should be on TOP of the back side of the sear...go from there. Watch that short video...

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The gun has worked fine for several years. It just started randomly not resetting the trigger, not it won't do it at all. I'll order a prefit kit and give it a go by myself. It is assembled correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom