Gunsmiths?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crude website but I was around this guy a lot when I was younger.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/crossnostocks/

When it comes to hot bluing, case hardening, stock building, BPCR, and someone who builds rifles from the ground up as working pieces of art you will not find someone better.

I will let you in on a secret though, a gunsmith that is incredibly talented with rifles, pistols, or shotguns may not be as well versed in another. Kind of the same thing when you go to an orthopedic surgeon for a bone break instead of a gynecologist, sure they are both doctors however one specializes in bones and the other one well you know the drill.

When it comes to handguns especially the polymer framed guns I would pick Mike Cywrus of Accurate Iron, I got to fondle some guns that he had tinkered with while he did a transfer for me.

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I certainly don't want an eye doctor doing surgery on my knee. I have a 70 series 1911 that has a trigger pull so light that telepathy can discharge it. I want to get it changed to where it will have 3-4lbs of pull. I see kits available but don't like experimenting. I need to find someone that specializes in 1911 work that doesn't live to far from Blackwell. An hours drive ain't a big deal but don't want to make a weekend trip to get it done.

RatRoy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here in Bartlesville there is CSA Guns that is a gunsmith. I haven't had any work done there but it appears he has all the tools. Location is 3712 Indiana Street, (918) 337-0423. Hope that helps...

Latest posts

Top Bottom