Gunsmoke Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all may have covered this but Matt Dillon sometimes had his holster tied down and sometimes he didn't in the opening scene where he draws and shoots. My wife never noticed this but after I pointed it out, she will let me know if he has it tied down or not. On another issue, she never noticed that Dale Roberson (Tales of Wells Fargo) was left handed.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There's a director's cut for Blazing Saddles ??? I'll have to see if I can find that one.

BTW, James Arness did a gag reel of sorts as a promotion of CBS while doing Gunsmoke:

I think it might be an anniversary edition or something. I’ll dig it out to see for sure.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
65DF3A26-FA29-4911-ACDD-4DC97F10A8B7.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in a small town Fire Department. the fire Station was the hang out for many cops, city, country and state. We usually had a pitch game, and bull session, going, One old Tulsa Country Deputy had some really good stories, he had collected over many years. One was about Jelly Bryce, an Oklahoma boy that became famous among law men in the 30's until he retired from the FBI, I think in the 1960's! This guy was a master with a pistol, and could do some implossable feats according to the many stories. His methods of quick draw, and fast, accurate shooting, are still taught in the FBI and many, many, police accadimes to this day. So the story goes, the name Jelly came from a bad man he killed when hs was a city cop in, I think OKC, and was just 18 or 19 years old, They changed the age rules to hire him. Bryce killed this guy in a shoot out, and the guy said before dying, " OF all the tough men I have killed, and to get killed by a Jelly roll kid like you! The name stuck! According to this Deputy, Jelly Bryce was the only agent the FBI ever hired without a collage degree, reported directly to Hoover, and if Hoover thought someone needed killing, he sent Jelly Bryce to take care of the problem! Look him up, a fascinating story, about what was likley the fastest gun that ever lived!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom