"gunworld"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clayman0211

New to the site!
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was riding around waiting on the wife when I seen GUNWORLD, as I was looking I seen a sig p220 combat I decided to put it on layaway and come back and get it later. I went today and was a little shocked when finishing the transaction! First off I had to pay for the sig first 1100 bucks! Then he slaps a contract in front of me says sign here I picked it up began reading last line caught my eye first! No refund if background check is denied! I have my ccl and Iraq vet I have no worries passing but with new laws Obama throwing out I felt a little uneasy about this rule! I have never paid first and then had the background check performed. I told the sales man that this is not a good practice his response was FTF is going to make it mandatory anyway my response was it does not make it right! In the end my experience at this shop was horrible I found the workers as pushy, irritable and no it alls! Will not be back! Is this a normal practice now for gun shops to rob its patrons if the background check is denied! If the background check is failed the person doesn't get the firearm! He said it has stopped felons from trying to purchase weapons.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a place I will never shop at. Wouldn't taking payment for the firearm then refusing to return the money when the transaction fails due to background check be a contractual violation not to mention a possible sale of a firearm to prohibited person. You bought it but don't get to take possession of it?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not ever go to Gunworld. They prey on the Air Force newbs that know no better. I have a friend in OKC that got a job there. He made it a month before the owner fired him for not screwing customers, although he beat the sales record for all other sales personell by 200%.

Kind of like the car dealership in Stillwater that wanted us to put down a non refundable deposit for them to give us a quote on a vehicle. LOL.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta ask. Did you really mean $2100 for that Sig? Typo? Because that would be about what I'd expect gunworld to sell it for. We only go into gunworld when we need a good laugh.

And that BS about not refunding your money isn't surprising in the least, not from those thieves.

Welcome to the forum BTW...

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would check with the BBB and BATFE as to the legality of their contract and their business tactics.
I have never had to pay before the NICS check was complete.
There maybe other alphabet agencies intrested also.
Of course I would never shop at GunWorld.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tic toc, tic toc, tic toc, they are slowly shutting their own doors for good, every day is a day closer to the lights are off for good. Stay away from there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom