"gunworld"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osumark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a different story for ya. I traded for a gun with a gun in Tulsa, come to find out he is a CWL instructor. I had been wanting to get my CWL, and had some friends who wanted to as well, knew if I advertised on here i would have plenty. About 20. When this all came about CWL classes were packed, so I asked this guy if he would come down from Tulsa and do one at our church, he said yes, we just needed a place to shoot.... Do you see where this is going...I drive over to gun world, I tell the guy were are doing a CWL Class at our church, and we need a place to shoot. He says, no problem, $10 per person. Well, the day of class arrives, we do the class work, I had called the day before to remind them we were coming, they said just call before you leave to head this way, I said no problem. Well, I show up, long story shorter, they say we can't do $10 per person, it will be $15.99 plus tax. Well, we have no choice but to pay it, we have to shoot. Everyone had already paid based on the price of the range quote. So I personally ate the additional cost, the instructor didn't charge me for setting up the class, so I just chalked it up as lesson learned. I've never been back.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes-not always, I "line out" things that I don't appreciate on forms that I sign. One episode in memory was buying a new pickup at a dealer in Midwest City. The salesman said I could have at no cost Toyota runners (step bars) on the new pickup. When I got to the finance guy he had a yellow "I owe you" slip and I saw that the runners weren't on the form so I added them and believe me they did not like it at all. But I received the runners installed. They will take advantage of the public, any business!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes-not always, I "line out" things that I don't appreciate on forms that I sign. One episode in memory was buying a new pickup at a dealer in Midwest City. The salesman said I could have at no cost Toyota runners (step bars) on the new pickup. When I got to the finance guy he had a yellow "I owe you" slip and I saw that the runners weren't on the form so I added them and believe me they did not like it at all. But I received the runners installed. They will take advantage of the public, any business!

I had to go so far as actually dial the police at a dealership once before they stopped the b.s. and followed through on the deal. I had never had such a horrible experience at a car dealership in my life. No doubt many Oklahoman's have had similar issues with those toads, I'll give you a hint....first name "L" and second "H". It was a hard fought lesson in standing your ground and forcing their retreat.

Wouldn't have helped the OP with the Gun World situation but with businesses today resorting to unscrupulous practices by the boat load, consumers have to fight back.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunworld has been sued a bunch of times. I know one local "expert witness" who has testified quite a few times. Every other gun business owner I have discussed this with would like to see them go away because of the bad impression they give to people new to guns.

If I were in charge of TAFB, I would make them "Off Limits."

I go in there on rare occasions just for the entertainment value. Found a magazine on their flea market table that must have been mismarked. Hard to find, and about ten bucks under retail for a Ruger Mini 14 20 rounder. Paid and left. Ammo prices are stupid high.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've been in there ONCE........

Last Christmas, my wife had her heart set on a pk380. That woman is really really good to me and she don't ask for much at all, so when she wants something, she's gunna get it no matter what i gotta do....so.........

Of course at that time NO ONE had a PK380 except for gunworld. (We looked and called everywhere...Academy looked and they had one in stock in a store in Arkansas or somewhere..lol )So we went down and paid 100.00 too much for the walther at GW. And hadda listen to those people talk to other customers and wow. It just goes all over me to listen to someone tell folks stupid, bogus, or just down right dishonest info on weapons.

Anyway....i felt like i needed to take a shower when we left..HAHAHAHA But my wife got what she wanted so it was worth it. "The things i go through" ..HAHAHAHAA

DO NOT GO TO GUNWORLD......I'M A TRAINED PROFESSIONAL HUSBAND...DON'T DO AS I DO. STAY AWAY!!! : ) LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom