Gut feeling........will Putin attack Ukraine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
News outlets reporting that Russian troops are being sent into eastern Ukraine right now to “keep the peace”. Maybe coincidence…. But once again right after the close of the Olympics.

So….. does Xi move on Taiwan while the worlds eyes are in the Ukraine?

And how will Brandon respond to Putin? Perhaps this is the minor incursion Joe spoke of in the past and we do nothing. Europe will likely not do much as most countries are too dependent on Russian oil/gas and it’s still winter. Boy wouldn’t it be nice for the good kids USA to be an alternative supplier… but then again we are once again net IMPORTERS of petroleum thanks to the current energy policies. Could have help squashed this issue and boosted our economy all at once.
We barely imported more in 2021, most of our imports come from Canada.

General rule high oil prices = more us production. Our break even point is high. Saudi’s Arabia has stupid cheap break even point.

High oil prices cause economy issues. Low oil prices cause economy issues too.

High oil prices benefit me.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right…. But has the us oil industry cut production? Could we ramp up fast enough to sell to the Europeans and less their dependence on Russia?
I have a feeling that if DJT was our president he would be thinking along those lines.
Kind of ironic that the left jumped up and down and said trump would start a war with Russia…🙄

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will know if that’s true soon enough. (Drummed up by our govt, if so, it’s being drummed up by many other govs too)
Specifically, the G7.
Never fear! Bumbling Biden had sent Harris to deal with the crisis in Ukraine.

Expect the US to surrender any moment now.
The stupid biatch even said there was peace in Europe for the last 70 years. I guess she doesn't remember the Berlin wall coming down about 30 years ago, and other conflicts in that area since the end of WWII.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putin just declared Independence for an area of Eastern Ukraine. Looks to me like a similar grab Putin did under Obama when he moved on Crimea.
If that's the Donbas region, that's not quite as clear-cut as it sounds. I've heard some reports that it's supposed to be (semi-)independent, but others say that it's supposed to be reintegrated into Ukraine with some Russian control over the electorate.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that's the Donbas region, that's not quite as clear-cut as it sounds. I've heard some reports that it's supposed to be (semi-)independent, but others say that it's supposed to be reintegrated into Ukraine with some Russian control over the electorate.
The entire country/territory of Ukraine is a gaggle of disagreement. They have over 100 political parties and at least 10 parties sharing control of the government. Some are pro-Russian reintegration and some want NATO membership. If anything, they’re more fractured and disagreeable than we are here in the US.

That and their shared border with Russia are equally strong reasons we shouldn’t be involved. We could’ve deferred invasion of Ukraine with some pretty simple diplomacy, but that wasn’t in Biden’s plans. :(

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Specifically, the G7.

The stupid biatch even said there was peace in Europe for the last 70 years. I guess she doesn't remember the Berlin wall coming down about 30 years ago, and other conflicts in that area since the end of WWII.
You'd think Bosnia would ring a bell, after (once again) the U.S. involving themselves in it via Billy Clinton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom