Gut feeling........will Putin attack Ukraine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all that has transpired related to Russia invading Ukraine with the Russian military unable win quickly, Ukraine's resistance, the uniting of NATO nations, sanctions even more severe than expected and continuing to expand, companies pulling out of Russia, Russia's stock exchange closed and the Ruble crashing, Russia having to approach China for support from its superior brother, constant footage of Russia's attacks upon civilians, etc, etc, etc , I sincerely ask: Are Trump and others still describing Putin as "genius"? If so, is that really the first word that comes to mind to describe Putin? Or is it still "well Putin is kind of bad but just look at Biden?"

Maybe Putin is that stupid, but then again, maybe he just misjudged what he thought the rest of the world would do after he invaded Ukraine? Even that last scenario could almost qualify him for the "stupid" label, but as long as he has been in charge, I wouldn't call him stupid.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't make any more predictions: I was one saying he wouldn't invade. Little midget proved me wrong.
Yeah, me two(too) or 12, as the case may be.

I was right about one thing, which is why I didn’t think he’d go thru with it.

He didn’t want any more NATO Nations on his border, but if he invaded they would most all join. Finland & Sweden are going to join. Historically neutral Nordic nations want in. He’s caused a self fulfilling prophecy.

I’m telling you; he’s mad. What’s he’s done is nonsensical. His cheese is nowhere close to his cracker.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at what is happening in the oil, stock , gold and crypto markets we are trying to fight a war with oil and natural gas we are not producing. All that will happen is the USSR will sell its oil to China and other dictatorships at an inflated cost. If we were a net exporter (as we were before 1/21/2021) we would have leverage. All this does is punish the American People and European people. Putin will not stop. OPEC will not give us a "sweet deal" because we asked nicely.
That there sums it up in a nut shell.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know Trump put the breaks on Putin a lot more than the MSM told people about don't you? He hit them with tough sanctions that Prez Bidet lifted shortly after taking office.
So god damn true. Line em up from put Obama on one end and trump on the other with everyone in between. They are all cut from the same cloth. Right wing left wing, it’s still the same bird.
Spoke like somebody who doesn’t pay attention

This wasn’t directed at you Rick. My fat fingers on the phone somehow get multi quotes and I don’t know how to delete them

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup…..seems the (rational) adults have all left the stage. Maybe Jackoff Kerry will go to Ukraine to assess the environmental impact of the US choking energy production…..
If he (John Kerry ) does then whatever he comes up with will be some BS like Iran in Russias favor. That guy is owned just as much as old John McCain was

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe Putin is that stupid, but then again, maybe he just misjudged what he thought the rest of the world would do after he invaded Ukraine? Even that last scenario could almost qualify him for the "stupid" label, but as long as he has been in charge, I wouldn't call him stupid.
Old Putin is anything but stupid. Not trying to pay him a compliment but nobody stays in power that long and is stupid.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, me two(too) or 12, as the case may be.

I was right about one thing, which is why I didn’t think he’d go thru with it.

He didn’t want any more NATO Nations on his border, but if he invaded they would most all join. Finland & Sweden are going to join. Historically neutral Nordic nations want in. He’s caused a self fulfilling prophecy.

I’m telling you; he’s mad. What’s he’s done is nonsensical. His cheese is nowhere close to his cracker.
The media is portraying this guy as mad. He is sadistic, tyrannical, and a tyrant. He is not mad. This man has a plan and is going forward with it. The media just like the 2020 elections is not telling us everything.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the problem lies in real time assessments. They might not be wrong, but they're rarely right completely. If I had one word to describe Putin, it would be "evil". But given a few more I'd probably say "cunning" and "bold". He saw an opportunity to grab the prize he covets and he went for it. But, he was so busy watching the external factors in his favor, that he forgot to make sure the factors in his control were ready. They weren't.

What all the prognosticators got completely wrong, was how long it would take the Russian Army to crush Ukraine. Had he actually done it in 2-3 days as planned, everything we're discussing now would be null and void. Instead we might be discussing whether he was an "evil genius", but that ship has sailed, hopefully forever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom