Guy (OC) carries i TN ak pistol gets detailed 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the caliber more than the barrel length. I know the OK Law says .45 caliber and isn't 7.62x39 a much bigger bullet than .45 caliber? I'm not sure of the actual diameter of either. Far as that goes, a .223 bullet might be considered "larger" if the whole thing were taken to court. Guess that one would depend on the judge.

Caliber refers to the diameter of the projectile only. .30 caliber is less than .45 caliber even when comparing a .300blk to .45-120.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you think of the guy and his actions, it proves the point that we don't really have the right to keep and bear arms, but only the privilege to keep and not bear certain arms as the government chooses.
My point exactly. I have a friend that is LE and opposed the OC law from the git-go. He stated "now every dumb-a$$ that owns a gun will be flaunting it like Dodge City". Of course we disagreed, as I respectfully pointed out "it ain't his $%$% job to decide what a citizen may or may not flaunt.

The LE in TN "didn't like" the way something looked, and didn't know what he was looking at, didn't know the law, no one was was being hurt, threatened, or harassed by the gun owner.

I guess the idea of personal liberty doesn't apply if LE doesn't like the way it looks, or they are simply ignorant of the law.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm completely for practicing our rights, but common sense should be used. This story reminds of: "You have a right to drink a gallon of horse semen. Should you?"

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7.62x39 is a .30 caliber round, much smaller than a .45.

BZZZZZZZZZZ. everyone knows that a 7.62 is much much bigger than a .45

.45 goes into 7.62 about 16.9 times so really a 7.62 is like 17x bigger than a .45 Holy crap think about the hole that will make! and that's why the guns that shoot them are called assault rifles :P

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another part is the numerous rules and regulations regarding firearms. And the other is officer education.
I can appreciate the dilemma officers may be in regarding ignorance to certain laws. While it is not unreasonable to expect them to know the law it is probably impossible for them to understand every nuance or remember obscure laws they rarely encounter. It may not be the case in smaller departments but aren't most departments outfitted with computers in their patrol cars now? It seems that you could put a great deal of information on these laptops that could be easily reference to assist the officer when they are unsure about something. I may be naive in the way I'm thinking but with the volumes of legislation that go on in this country, it is only going to get more difficult for the officers to keep up.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of baiting law enforcement. It consumes their time by acting foolish and it makes legitimate carriers look idiotic to the non-carrying public.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Horse semen?
I won't speculate on the reason you brought that up, since I personally have no firsthand experience in horse semen consumption.

How about this - yes the guy may be a #$%%, but why should LE ASSUME he's breaking some law. Shouldn't they ASSUME that he's a free citizen, unrestricted by the guvmint....oh wait, that'd be LIBERTY.

Latest posts

Top Bottom