Guy (OC) carries i TN ak pistol gets detailed 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was only aiming the TSA'ing comment at you.

Seriously don't get how anyone on this board could feel that this guy did anything wrong. He exposed the cops ignorance of the laws, he did us a favor.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand the outrage toward the citizen when the cops are the only ones who did anything wrong. I really wouldn't carry a Draco but I support his right to do so, and I expect law enforcement to know the law before drawing their weapons, TSA'ing a person, cuffing him, and detaining him. Why are we blaming the victim?

+1 million. who cares if he wants attention or whatever other opinions everyone seems to have about him, the real story here should be the LE went completely overboard and detained an american citizen for what? being an attention whore? Carrying a firearm that the LE was ignorant about? Last I checked the 2nd ammendment didn't describe what kind of guns you can own & carry, but I digress (whole other topic) Im glad the guy was just enough of a supposed A-hole to make the LE do their jobs and get some education in the process.
Who needs enemies in the 2a rights world when you have friends like the majority posting on here.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I just don't understand what makes the guy a douche bag.

Well if you have to ask... :)

It's not the simple act of carrying the Draco, it's the sum of all the information presented as a whole. His conduct on the forum, his painting of the Draco tip orange, his reaction to the responding LE, his conduct after the fact, etc. It all goes together to crate a puzzle depicting a *********.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see that. A lot of people are getting hung up on the draco thing though. Painting the tip orange is pretty peculiar, but I didn't see any major issues with how he carried himself with the LEOs there. He could have done a bunch of stuff to get himself tazed and hauled away, but he didn't. He has also been kinda toolish on the forums too. But, I don't think simply carrying the draco at the park makes him anything. You and I get that it is all the other stuff that makes him a fool, but a lot of the commentators don't seem to grasp that.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 million. who cares if he wants attention or whatever other opinions everyone seems to have about him, the real story here should be the LE went completely overboard and detained an american citizen for what? being an attention whore? Carrying a firearm that the LE was ignorant about? Last I checked the 2nd ammendment didn't describe what kind of guns you can own & carry, but I digress (whole other topic) Im glad the guy was just enough of a supposed A-hole to make the LE do their jobs and get some education in the process.
Who needs enemies in the 2a rights world when you have friends like the majority posting on here.

Now look at it from the other side of the coin. This guy alienated the general public and LE. It wasn't what he did, but how he went about it. Now take into consideration the SCOTUS ruling in Heller. Specifically this section:

(2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56.

Because of this portion of the Heller ruling, the state legislature would be free to amend the law based on citizen and LE recommendation to prohibit Dracos and other weapons deemed offensive to their sensibilities from open carry. So did this guy actually do anyone but himself a favor? That remains to be seen. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see that. A lot of people are getting hung up on the draco thing though. Painting the tip orange is pretty peculiar, but I didn't see any major issues with how he carried himself with the LEOs there. He could have done a bunch of stuff to get himself tazed and hauled away, but he didn't. He has also been kinda toolish on the forums too. But, I don't think simply carrying the draco at the park makes him anything. You and I get that it is all the other stuff that makes him a fool, but a lot of the commentators don't seem to grasp that.

Agreed. Were it not for all the other stuff, I'd be completely in the guy's corner. As it is, I'm perhaps half a toe in his corner, at best. :)

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since felons were allowed to own firearms for the first 177 yrs. of the 2nd. Amendment it's difficult to see a mere 44 yrs. since 1968 as "longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons"

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Someone that carries a questionable firearm(to the untrained eye) for the purpose of causing a scene and "educating" LEOs is nothing but an enemy to the 2A. Shock therapy is not the way to spread good will for the 2A. All it does is scare more people to the anti gun crowd. Yes, it is his Constitutional right, but maybe a little more tact during the execution of said right.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone that carries a questionable firearm(to the untrained eye) for the purpose of causing a scene and "educating" LEOs is nothing but an enemy to the 2A. Shock therapy is not the way to spread good will for the 2A. All it does is scare more people to the anti gun crowd. Yes, it is his Constitutional right, but maybe a little more tact during the execution of said right.

Well said... +1000

Latest posts

Top Bottom