Gymnast breaks both legs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap! I can't imagine how much pain she must have been in... Never want to see this happen to anybody...

*WARNING* Full disclaimer here, she dislocates both knees, tearing multiple ligaments in the process.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, foward flipping skills are always a blind landing. Did gymnastics for 14 years. Started in 2nd grade and competed through 3 years of college. Blew out my acl, came close to tearing both rotator cuffs on rings, broke every single finger at least once and about half my toes, nearly broke my neck on high bar (not joking, slipped off the bar while swing backwards, landed on the side of my neck and folded in half) and more ankle sprains and deep muscle bruises than I can count. I've also seen some horrific injuries to other gymnasts. Its not a safe sport by any means.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like she dislocated both knees. Yup. OUCH!

Woody

She did. Broke both legs right below the knee and dislocated both knees as well. Pretty much ended her participation in gymnastics as those injuries will never heal to 100% and be prone to breaking again due to the stress gymnastics induces on the bones and joints.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife just said that reports are saying she didn't break her legs, just torn ligaments and dislocated kneecaps. Still horrible in my opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom