H&H going custom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope not.... they are already to high and take to long the way it is.

Not only that, but when you get your firearms back they will be given back after 2 or more weeks without the work done and an excuse. A hole drilled into your handguard that should not be there. Lastly you will receive a firearm that used to function and now will not due to lack of pride in their work... How do you forget to function test a firearm before it leaves your shop? Then when you take it back they tell you how they function test every firearm and that I must have done something, but they can charge me a shop fee and repairs to fix it....

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had H&H replace sights on a high polish Colt Commander years ago (4-5) and it was absolutely horrible.

Estimated turnaround was "a couple weeks" and by the time I picked it up (I had to constantly hassle them) it was a couple months.

They totally buggered up one side of the frame from a vise (Remember this was a high polish .45)

They charged me for a box of ammo (Overpriced) to "sight it in"

First time I shot it (at their lanes) I was off by almost 5" to the left at 10yards.

They never took responsibility for the damage (asked if I had pictures before) and then said if I wasn't happy with sight in that they could CHARGE me to sigh it in (after they told me they had).

I will NEVER use them again and I tell everyone to stay away from them.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez. Thanks for posting. I have a range officer coming in and want to replace the front sight with a Dawson precision fiber optic eventually. Was considering h&h. Not now.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last gun they worked on for me was a Uberti 44mag revolver that was out of time. Took 8 weeks for them to get the parts in and another 4 to fix it. Last year I took a barreled savage action in to have them loosen the barrel nut so I could remove the barrel to ship the action off. If I remember right they wanted around $100 and told me I'd have to leave it for a few days. I haven't been back since.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last gun they worked on for me was a Uberti 44mag revolver that was out of time. Took 8 weeks for them to get the parts in and another 4 to fix it. Last year I took a barreled savage action in to have them loosen the barrel nut so I could remove the barrel to ship the action off. If I remember right they wanted around $100 and told me I'd have to leave it for a few days. I haven't been back since.

As I read your post I thought "is this going to be a good experience?" Than realized I've never really heard of anyone having a good experience with H&H 'smiths'

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know a simple question was going to turn into a " let's dump on H&H thread. Maybe a 2 year investment for some of you at the Colorado School of Trades would solve many of your problems.

Mainly I was talking about custom rifle building which takes more of a machinist mind set.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They had my Dad's PPK/S for 7 months, said since it was a Interarms S&W would not work on it. After 7 months I called S&W, not only do and did work on Interarms. They fixed the gun free of charge. Will NEVER EVER let them touch another firearm of mine.
If you need a rifle done, take it to Steve Baldwin in Jones Okla.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I didn't know a simple question was going to turn into a " let's dump on H&H thread. Maybe a 2 year investment for some of you at the Colorado School of Trades would solve many of your problems.

Mainly I was talking about custom rifle building which takes more of a machinist mind set.

What would solve my problems is not ever going back to them because they suck, so that's what I did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom