H&H Rifle Distance Rule Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brick2025

New to the site!
Reaction score
I recently used my new AR-15 at H&H. I noticed that the rules stated that when using rifle calibers like 5.56, the paper targets must be set at full distance (25 yards). I was wondering why the rule is there. Is there a safety concern if the paper target is shot closer than 25 yards?

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea, but I would suggest going to a different range. I used to love H and H but they have gone down hill a lot lately. I went a month ago and it was seriously 100 degrees in there and so Smokey you couldn’t breathe well. They gave some response about them using a swamp cooler instead of ac and it not keeping up. But with a range full of heat/smoke it wasn’t a good situation. Especially with other completely upgraded ranges around like big boys or Wilshire

Also I know at those ranges you can put the target whatever distance you want.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's because if you have the target closer, depending on how close, angle, etc., the bullet may hit the floor or walls. If it's all the way out you'll hit the backstop.

This. Remember, there's a good percentage of people that have never been to a range and 'oopsies' do happen.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the targets are close the angle of the shot will hit the floor in front of the targets and ricochet.

Look at the floor, walls and ceilings inside the H&H range. I’ve often wondered why the roof doesn’t have massive leaks.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's because if you have the target closer, depending on how close, angle, etc., the bullet may hit the floor or walls. If it's all the way out you'll hit the backstop.

Yep. What's REALLY fun is when they smack close to where the wall and the floor meet and ignite the unburned powder in that little groove ... That always made for a good time! 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom