H.R. 5103 - Guns & Ammo Taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy: Criminals are poor, so making it more expensive to get and and shoot guns leads to less guns in their hands AND less bullets hitting kids. Next is a tax hike on crowbars to solve that other, not so obvious, problem. It's airtight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it would do more if you taxed video game, music, and the internet to prevent violence. I guess it depends if you think it is the tool issue or a cultural issue. I think they are saying that poor people do not have the ability to think. The fact that I grew up poor and have the ability to think that they think that I cannot think, proves what they think is not thinking.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a short term goal. When I was in Italy on the company dime for a month at a school, I had intentions of buying a Perazzi trap gun as the factory was just down the street thinking I could get it cheaper. Well, I was totally wrong. It was double the price of the same gun in the USA. Reason? Taxes. As I was told by the translator, guns an ammo are highly taxed in Italy as a means of taking them out of the hands of the masses. It's a long term method of gun control, with the guns maybe still being owned, but the ammo is too expensive to buy for the common person.
Its another trap by the gun grabbers.
Criminals have no issue stealing guns and ammo.
I'll just roll my own.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not a short term goal. When I was in Italy on the company dime for a month at a school, I had intentions of buying a Perazzi trap gun as the factory was just down the street thinking I could get it cheaper. Well, I was totally wrong. It was double the price of the same gun in the USA. Reason? Taxes. As I was told by the translator, guns an ammo are highly taxed in Italy as a means of taking them out of the hands of the masses. It's a long term method of gun control, with the guns maybe still being owned, but the ammo is too expensive to buy for the common person.

static.businessinsider.com_image_579a0cba4321f136158bb79c_750.jpg
U.S. Global Investors

The Laffer Curve. Which politician can resist the temptation?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I believe that was the same reason the NFA of 1934 was enacted. In 1934 people were digging ditches for a dollar a day to feed their families. Who could afford the $200.00 tax stamp back then?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that was the same reason the NFA of 1934 was enacted. In 1934 people were digging ditches for a dollar a day to feed their families. Who could afford the $200.00 tax stamp back then?
That was precisely the intent.

Little-known fact: the original proposals included handguns as NFA items, but that proved too politically unpopular to pursue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom