H&R Rifles, Parts and Uppers/Lowers at PSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are interested in these. I bought one a week ago thinking it was what I wanted...it wasn't. I wanted the "604" clone and ordered the "711" style clone. Nice gun, and they sell out almost as soon as they're listed on the PSA website, that I bought before actually reading what it was. Fortunately a very reliable member here took it off my hands so I got my spendin' money back.

Now I'm gonna wait for the 604 clone. I got a "Back in Stock" email yesterday morning...but by the time I clicked on the email and got to PSA's website they were gone.

They do have some of the carbines in stock...regular and blems. They're 654 clones. A1, slickside upper, pencil barrel, lower has the fence, old style stock. But, the barrels are 1/7 twist and are chrome lined. So they look like the real deal with some modern updates that probably help them shoot better.

Still in stock as I'm posting this...

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here I've been bitching for a year that PSA has been sitting on the H&R tooling, and didn't even know it had hit the market. I said loud and clear that this stuff would sell like hotcakes, and several people argued with me that nobody was interested in retro parts anymore. Pfft

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@RockHopper I am pretty sure the lowers they have been selling are just the NDS stuff I don't think the Actual H&R tooling doesn't exist as it belonged to .gov and had to be returned and was destroyed. Same thing happened with the M14 tooling.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
@RockHopper I am pretty sure the lowers they have been selling are just the NDS stuff I don't think the Actual H&R tooling doesn't exist as it belonged to .gov and had to be returned and was destroyed. Same thing happened with the M14 tooling.
The H&R stuff along with all the 60# parts are Nodak Spud (PSA bought them). They're just branding. The TDP is what the GOV "owns" and that pretty much belongs to Colt and now anyone who wants to make them.

@OK Corgi Rancher 's gun had a correct A1 upper and maybe barrel and FSP, but that was it. All these are using a standard M4 lower receiver regardless...that's the big one is when is PSA gonna make some correct lowers? I'll add that I looked at these and they're pretty good, so

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes...the company that owns PSA bought out NoDak Spud and also owns the rights to the H&R name. I don't think it matters a bit in regards to the tools that make the receivers or parts. Whatever they're making them on is first rate. I've had one of their guns in my hands and I still have a lower and some parts and they're all very well done. NoDak Spud products have been in high demand from retro builders for years. Now that they can put the name of an original Viet Nam era M16 supplier on their products they're not gonna have a problem selling everything they can make...again. The complete guns are more expensive than some basic models out there but they're a niche product so it's understandable.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP -
Thanks for posting the info but I've got to admit when I first saw the title I thought "Could it be - they're bringing back the old skinny barrel H&R single shots in .30-30 and .22 Hornet and..."
Those were nice little "Walking Around" rifles. Light and handy.
[Bit of trivia. NoDak Spud used to make a ghost ring rear sight to fit screw holes on the H&R Handi-Rifle.]

Latest posts

Top Bottom