H&R Single Shots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cost for what work?

Complete rifle?

Barrel stub?

Barrel liner ?

Or what?
My first gun was a H&R M-42 I think it is in .410 shotgun. Bought when I was 11 years old with a nice walnut stock for $17.
Still have it.
I broke in most of my cousins to hunting with that shotgun. I'm thinking it might be time to do an upgrade in the senior part of my life to something that will get it out of the gun safe where it's been for 30 or so years.
PR-6284 and I are going to have some serious conversations in the near future I'm thinking.....

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first gun I ever bought with my own money was an NEF single shot 12ga from wally world many moons ago. I sold it to an OSA member, dont recall his screen name. That gun killed a bunch of rabbits winter of 2000.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine killed his first deer with a h&r 30-30 hand loaded with a spire point bullet by yours truly still have it. Had a but load of h& RS but just have the 30-30& 12 ga for turkey left put peep sight on it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've got a couple H&R 12ga with a barrel sleeve to shoot darts for doctoring cattle. They've got a drop in plug so the dart is propelled by a .22 cal charge like a concrete nail gun uses. The green power level works best for us. I realize this isn't exactly what y'all are talking about but just sharing other things that are handy about break over shotguns.
View attachment 143890
View attachment 143891

I have to admit I enjoy getting to dart them lol. Used to give me that Earnest Hemmingway or Capstick feeling, now I load and shoot from the truck lol. We have a muzzleoader with a removable breech plug that uses the .22 blanks.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to admit I enjoy getting to dart them lol. Used to give me that Earnest Hemmingway or Capstick feeling, now I load and shoot from the truck lol. We have a muzzleoader with a removable breech plug that uses the .22 blanks.
It's definitely a handy tool for certain situations.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a couple H&R 12ga with a barrel sleeve to shoot darts for doctoring cattle. They've got a drop in plug so the dart is propelled by a .22 cal charge like a concrete nail gun uses. The green power level works best for us. I realize this isn't exactly what y'all are talking about but just sharing other things that are handy about break over shotguns.

LOL I'm having waaaaaaay too much fun thinking about what I could do with that. You know, "certain situations." And I already have the Topper 12 gauge.