Ha! Ha! Hows that green energy working for ya now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's fun to ridicule the utter asininity of Khaleephonya, but this, in reality, isn't much different than what the electricity providers do in Oklahoma during the summer. They're not telling them to never charge their EVs, just asking them to do it in off-peak hours (i.e, before 4pm or after 9pm).

For reference, OEC's peak hours are 3pm to 8pm during the summer.
What if they need to go somewhere during peak hours? My statement stands. Yes it’s a request, but the absurdity of banning fossil fuels that limit the power available on their grid while banning fossil fuel vehicles completely while not improving the available power to accommodate the millions of new EV’s is totally insane thinking.
What happens to commiefornika when the wind stops and it’s cloudy for days on end? Does all transportation and the commerce related to energy requirements like every business in commiefornika requires have to shut their doors until it’s sunny again?
There isn’t battery storage available that can handle days like that currently. So what do they do?
They buy fossil fuel power from merchant power plants in states on the grid to supplement.
When Ok was scheduled to go unregulated power production, several of those merchant plants were built in Ok in anticipation of that.
The rolling blackouts in the NE and commiefornika convinced the Ok legislature to stay with regulated utilities. They then forced Ok utilities to buy the merchant plants out which were typically poorly built with zero redundancy capabilities.
I also find it insane that the people in commiefornika and commie Colorado with smart thermostats in their homes have relinquished their freedom to regulate their own home temperatures. The utility companies are locking their home thermostats up with higher temperatures until they see fit to decrease them.
That’s insane.

Latest posts

Top Bottom