Habanero Peppers ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I have like 3 cups of habanero peppers. After getting the peppers out of the plastic bag they were in and putting them in a glass bowl -- AND WASHING MY HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER -- I still had enough oil on my hands that my lips are burning, as well as the tip of my tongue and my fingertips are tingly and burning from eating a PB&J. 😳😲😵 🤢 WTF am I gonna do with these peppers?? I don't wanna throw them out but I don't have any recipes either. Any ideas??

Thanks, fellas!! 😘

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I have like 3 cups of habanero peppers. After getting the peppers out of the plastic bag they were in and putting them in a glass bowl -- AND WASHING MY HANDS WITH SOAP AND WATER -- I still had enough oil on my hands that my lips are burning, as well as the tip of my tongue and my fingertips are tingly and burning from eating a PB&J. 😳😲😵 🤢 WTF am I gonna do with these peppers?? I don't wanna throw them out but I don't have any recipes either. Any ideas??

Thanks, fellas!! 😘
Those sneaky bugger, one needs to wear medical latex gloves. Whatever make that is spicy you could turn around and just use a little bit instead of a lot of whatever he normally use

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about fermenting some of them. Just to see if I can ... And make preserves out of some (to mix into other recipes for heat) ... I wonder if I could just can the rest of them like you do chopped jalapenos?? 🤔🤔🤔

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Mango habanero sauce​

An easy, colorful sauce to spice up so many dishes - with plenty of heat!

Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins

Course: Condiment
Cuisine: American

Servings: 12 approx

Calories: 13kcal

Author: Caroline's Cooking
Save

Ingredients​

• 2 habanero chilis
  • 1 large mango, giving 1 cup diced mango
  • ¼ large onion (or ½ small)
  • 1 small carrot (approx 2oz/55g giving ½ cup thin slices)
  • 1 - 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoon lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt

Instructions​

• Remove the stem from the chilis and remove some or all of the seeds if you prefer less hot. Note take care as you handle them not to rub eyes and wash well after (you may want to use gloves).
  • Peel the mango and dice the flesh from the stone. Peel the carrot, onion and garlic and roughly chop all (the carrot is best sliced fairly thin unless your blender/food processor is very strong).
  • Put everything in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
  • Tip the sauce into a small pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for approx 10min. Allow to cool before transferring to a bottle or jar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom