Had a great ammo find this morning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lady that I've known all my life was having a yard sale this weekend (weather permitting) and said she had some of her son's ammunition she would be selling but wanted to know if I might be want them before she let anyone know she would be selling them. Went by this morning and had coffee with her and she brought ou
Ammo score 1.JPG
Ammo score 1.JPG
t a bag with ammo and some other tools. Her son works for a large Oil/Gas company and was being moved to Long Beach. He was a good friend like he husband was. I had got him interested in shooting and he was really having fun but when he found out he was moving to basically LA south (Ha) he needed to sell most of his guns. He tried to give me a couple but no. I helped him sell them and man did they sell fast at an auction. A lot more than they were worth. Ha. Anyway, she had this ammo anyway and I had promised my bud I'd look in on his mom (me and about everyone. she is well loved) and told her to give all the ammo to me. I couldn't do that. I picked out the stuff I shoot and paid her what it was worth. I was just glad to get it. I paid a fair price and knew what most of it cost because I was with him when he bought them. Had to open the boxes to make sure no spider eggs were in them. They were kept indoors but this is Oklahoma, an spiders come inside when it's cold. (Plus I'm a coward....Ha). The 8mm is for the Mauser I restored and shoot. The rest are for guns I have. The rest I called another friend and he bought the rest sight unseen and for a very good price that he increased to help her out (Told you she was well liked).
Her and my old buddy, that recently passed), and used to shoot 22s with were friends and she would come over and watch now and then.
Sometimes I'm over blessed.
Happy new year to all.

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Happy new years

I moved to Oklahoma recently and did not know about spiders coming inside due to the cold. That's good to know.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy new years

I moved to Oklahoma recently and did not know about spiders coming inside due to the cold. That's good to know.
They lay their eggs. Good idea to bomb your garage now and then. I do my attic and work shed along with my garage every so often. We have those nasty brown recluse spiders. Not fun

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They lay their eggs. Good idea to bomb your garage now and then. I do my attic and work shed along with my garage every so often. We have those nasty brown recluse spiders. Not fun

Got a niece that was bitten on the face by a fiddleback. She just had cosmetic surgery last month.
Fortunately she didn't need skin grafts.

Prior to the surgery she looked like she had been shot in the face. Had a hole in her lower cheek the size of a golf ball.

Nasty bugs, those Brown Recluse spiders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom