Had a ground mount solar system installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it is grid tie? correct? so if you loose grid power it won't power your home will it???
You are so correct! When have lost power before I hook my generator up and after throwing the main breaker I can supply some not all the power for our needs. If I had a whole house generator as a neighbor does, it would have an automatic transfer switch and start the whole house generator. At this time I can't justify that expense, since power outages with CREC are rare and usual short lived. This winter with the ice storm an exception.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You must still rely on grid power at night currently without battery backup?
Yes, but with net metering as I understand, the daytime excess should offset nighttime power from the grid. Being that I just had this installed as the days are getting shorter, we will not see the maximum benefit until the daylight hours grow longer. My thinking is it will balance out to our benefit over time. We shall see!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but with net metering as I understand, the daytime excess should offset nighttime power from the grid. Being that I just had this installed as the days are getting shorter, we will not see the maximum benefit until the daylight hours grow longer. My thinking is it will balance out to our benefit over time. We shall see!
Awesome. Wasn't familiar with the term net metering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom