Had it too long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve slowly sold or traded my safe queens for something I use. I’m now down to just a couple that have a family history or are unfired.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had any that were to expensive to shoot, that includes the very short time I had an orginal Colt Navy. I only fired a cylinder from it but there was no way I was letting a firearm that had been used in the civil war go thru my hands without firing it. It still had the original holster with it.

On a side note. man I really want to get my hands on the ******* that stole my guns!

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up, but not deeply, a predilection from my old dad. He had a thing for those rarer commemorative Winchesters. I swear those are the only firearms I’ve ever seen that sell today for the same price as they did in the 60’s and 70’s. I had picked up some Tulsa County and Ford County KS Winny/Colt sets way back when. Plumb forgot about them until I was going through some boxes. Stupid things are probably worth about what a box stock set would cost. I tell you what though, if Sadam Hussein was a cowboy he’d own these suckers!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you care enough to shoot someone, shouldn't you care enough to shoot them with the very best? :anyone:
The issue is that the gun will likely be in possession of the state for many years if litigation is involved. Although I have to admit I carry my competition pistols occasionally because I've proven that they are 100% reliable with thousands, not hundreds of rounds.
Long story but in high school was in a confrontation with some totally drunk neer do wells that got the drop on my buddy and I. They shot at us with a .22 taken from my vehicle that didn't penetrate through the back seat, hitting a spring and a fight ensued.
We got away and drove off. When getting back with the Sheriff they were arrested, jailed and convicted. It took two years to get that rifle back from the DA.
Oklahoma has laws that prevent civil litigation in a good shoot, so that is a plus for OK and you can probably get the gun back pretty quickly.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've recently started selling the revolvers that I don't see myself shooting for one reason or another. I've enjoyed owning a small number that were cool to own just for what they were, be it condition or scarcity. I'm now of the mind that they bring me little joy if they never leave the safe and that others will probably appreciate owning them more than I do.

The appeal of firearms as an investment is rapidly diminishing, as well. Available venues to sell them are decreasing. There's also no guarantee that it will still be legal to sell them privately when the need arises.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is kind of a side bar but relevant to the current conversation. How many of y’all remember the window of production in the gun world when it was dang near impossible to go buy a new gun that was both accurate and reliable out of the box? All the big houses in handguns and rifles kept a slew of smiths fed and their chilluns out of the weather. My smith I grew up with, may he rest in peace, was closer to me than about three fourths of my family. His passing left a huge hole in my world. I’d give anything to be able to spend a week with him in todays gun world. It would blow his mind that I could take a thousand dollars or less and put a rig together that would tear up a challenge plate at a grand. That used to be the holy grail. Now I have friends working on a mile with a dang .22 rimfire. I guess there’s a reason I can spend days in the Cowboy Hall of Fame, Woolarock, JM Davis or the Cabelas Gun library before they got woke by a bass boat. I don’t want to create a significant disturbance for the gentleman, but if you’re ever in Enid it’s magical visiting Msr. Perodeau’s establishment. He’s got some serious bundukis loitering about the place.

I guess there’s no sense throwing out the baby if the waters still warm. Old guns fascinate me even though new ones can often run them a lap. New ones still need a little of that old charm no matter if they do shoot lights out. See, I tole ya I can do a tangent!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is kind of a side bar but relevant to the current conversation. How many of y’all remember the window of production in the gun world when it was dang near impossible to go buy a new gun that was both accurate and reliable out of the box? All the big houses in handguns and rifles kept a slew of smiths fed and their chilluns out of the weather. My smith I grew up with, may he rest in peace, was closer to me than about three fourths of my family. His passing left a huge hole in my world. I’d give anything to be able to spend a week with him in todays gun world. It would blow his mind that I could take a thousand dollars or less and put a rig together that would tear up a challenge plate at a grand. That used to be the holy grail. Now I have friends working on a mile with a dang .22 rimfire. I guess there’s a reason I can spend days in the Cowboy Hall of Fame, Woolarock, JM Davis or the Cabelas Gun library before they got woke by a bass boat. I don’t want to create a significant disturbance for the gentleman, but if you’re ever in Enid it’s magical visiting Msr. Perodeau’s establishment. He’s got some serious bundukis loitering about the place.

I guess there’s no sense throwing out the baby if the waters still warm. Old guns fascinate me even though new ones can often run them a lap. New ones still need a little of that old charm no matter if they do shoot lights out. See, I tole ya I can do a tangent!
JJ has left Champlin Firearms and has his own shop in Sand Springs currently.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JJ has left Champlin Firearms and has his own shop in Sand Springs currently.
That’s good to know. It’s been a few years since I was in the shop in Enid. That’s not a good place for a married man lacking in sense to hang around. Only strange I’m interested in is a caliber I don’t have, and there’s a bunch of em.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never had much money to buy investment guns and usually carried one every day of my adult life. Still do. They have been nothing but a tool to me. That is why I picked one specific platform to carry because I do not like switching around my daily carry weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom