Had my first squib load at a match (Video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went and cleaned the barrel and it didn't look any dirtier then usual, but does anyone think it could have been because I was shooting molly bullets? That would have been the 86th round of the day and it was clean before I went up there.

Yes we shot can you count. RO said I had 6 shots on the first string. Honestly I don't remember if I did or not. The guy I had shooting the video on that string messed it up too so I can't tell.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone explain to this newbie what happens when you have a squib load and the gun chambers another round and you fire that. I'm thinking the gun explodes in your hand potentially causing some serious damage to the shooter.

I assume from the posts here that you are supposed to be able to tell when there is a squib load based on the sound. I'd like to know more about that. What is the difference between a squib and a FTF?

Thanks

B

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
blutch
there are records of folks lodgeing 4 or more bullets into a barrell useing very low power loads , that is with bullets close to the barrell dim . if lodge a over sized bullet or one in the throat you can blow up a gun ..With most moden handguns the top stap will blow or bent and on semi's the barrel will ballon . You may get afew cuts but you should live, unless you are useing magunm or super hot +P's ,then you have a hand granade.

Sometimes you can feel a squib and sometimes you can't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom