Had Surgery Today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a trigger finger and sought medical treatment in MWC since I live here. I found Dr Paul Miller in MWC on the internet and made an appointment to see him and in one visit he injected the offending area and resolved the problem. Meanwhile, I have been having sometimes excruciating pain of the left knee and asked him about the issue and he explained all about knee surgery including replacement and I went home to stew over the conversation. Final.y after much cogitation, I went back to him due to the pain and if I didn't have the surgery soon, age would prohibit surgery. We looked a the X-Ray and I could see that there was no space on the medial side of the knee, ti was bone-on-bone.
He seemed somewhat excited and told me I was a candidate for partial knee surgery which had a less painful approach, less down time, quicker recovery and less pain. I scheduled surgery and underwent the procedure this morning. I was set up for surgery late in the AM but received a call to show up at 0730! Went in and was prepped and had the surgery and I am up and walking immediately after surgery and still walking in the evening!
Dr Paul Miller took the time to explain everything and answer any questions the wife and I had. In my opinion, he is one of the best if not the very best knee surgeons in Midwest City and and I wholeheartedly recommend him. Someone was seeking a "back" surgeon sometime back and a Dr Carlin Yates of Edmond was recommended b y a co-worker a decade ago and I believe he is still practicing (thought I'd throw that in for some reason), I couldn't remember his name earlier to post.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had TKR in February and I would recommend Dr. Warren Low. He initially talked with me for over an hour about my condition. I have to schedule my next TKR next month. I can't wait!! My first TKR is 1,000 times better than before. It sucked, the pain. No sleep. Lot's of PT and home exercises and 12 weeks out, tomorrow, it's feels incredible to be pain free. Now on to the next!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a trigger finger and sought medical treatment in MWC since I live here. I found Dr Paul Miller in MWC on the internet and made an appointment to see him and in one visit he injected the offending area and resolved the problem. Meanwhile, I have been having sometimes excruciating pain of the left knee and asked him about the issue and he explained all about knee surgery including replacement and I went home to stew over the conversation. Final.y after much cogitation, I went back to him due to the pain and if I didn't have the surgery soon, age would prohibit surgery. We looked a the X-Ray and I could see that there was no space on the medial side of the knee, ti was bone-on-bone.
He seemed somewhat excited and told me I was a candidate for partial knee surgery which had a less painful approach, less down time, quicker recovery and less pain. I scheduled surgery and underwent the procedure this morning. I was set up for surgery late in the AM but received a call to show up at 0730! Went in and was prepped and had the surgery and I am up and walking immediately after surgery and still walking in the evening!
Dr Paul Miller took the time to explain everything and answer any questions the wife and I had. In my opinion, he is one of the best if not the very best knee surgeons in Midwest City and and I wholeheartedly recommend him. Someone was seeking a "back" surgeon sometime back and a Dr Carlin Yates of Edmond was recommended b y a co-worker a decade ago and I believe he is still practicing (thought I'd throw that in for some reason), I couldn't remember his name earlier to post.

OK, now explain to me the part about being too old to have the surgery. Is that a physical reason or is it because at a certain age Medicare doesn't pay?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, now explain to me the part about being too old to have the surgery. Is that a physical reason or is it because at a certain age Medicare doesn't pay?
As one ages, various parts/organs of the body weakens or ceases to function properly -kidneys, heart, etc. and they don't want to lose a patient on the surgery table. Medicare will pay for the lifetime of the recipient but no Doctor wants to have a patient "die on the table"

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As one ages, various parts/organs of the body weakens or ceases to function properly -kidneys, heart, etc. and they don't want to lose a patient on the surgery table. Medicare will pay for the lifetime of the recipient but no Doctor wants to have a patient "die on the table"
My GF's Mom is 81, her Dr.s want to perform TKR.
A co-workers Dad had it done at 90. But, yes, total health has to be considered to make sure they are healthy enough to undergo the anesthesia.
Knee replacements, depending on the material being used(if you're allergic to certain metals), have to be redone after 15 years. I'm 51 and will have to have them redone in 15 years.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both my general physician and heart doctor who are with St. Anthony (SSM Medical) are here in MWC. My general physician has been my family doctor since my kids were little (my daughter went to school with his son) and used to be with OU Med until they went stupid.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My partial knee replacement I've read on the net that it will last a lifetime on one site and another 15 years. I'm eighty this year so either way I'm happy. Today it is starting to ache a bit, the block is wearing off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom