Had Surgery Today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GIF by CMT Artists of the Year

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you no longer have the finger??? Do I have it right?

Seriously, what, if you don't mind my asking, was the problem with the finger? The reason I want to know is because I'm having issues with what I believe is arthritis at the base of the thumb at the wrist.
I'd try to move the finger and it would jerk or snap to position. He injected it and resolved the problem. He said there was 50-50 chance it'd work and I fell into the to the % that did work!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My knees are fine (thank God), but I have that damnable trigger finger on my left middle. I've got a few automotive projects to mess with over the next month or so, so I'm going to need that hand. But as soon as those are taken care of, I want that thing worked on. It's stupid uncomfortable.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My knees are fine (thank God), but I have that damnable trigger finger on my left middle. I've got a few automotive projects to mess with over the next month or so, so I'm going to need that hand. But as soon as those are taken care of, I want that thing worked on. It's stupid uncomfortable.
You'll never be able to work on a watch with that finger, imagine you're doing something delicate and the finger "snaps." The watch parts are suddenly spread all over the room. Your finger can be properly taken care of by a physician and it won't take long and you're on your way home! I've had the problem twice, once gave me an injection of xylocaine and made a small cut and scrapped around and fixed he finger and the second simply gave me an injection which id the job. It's not painful, it's quick and it works. Don't put it off if you have insurance, no sense in suffering anymore than you have to suffer. Life is full of that stuff anyway.

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you no longer have the finger??? Do I have it right?

Seriously, what, if you don't mind my asking, was the problem with the finger? The reason I want to know is because I'm having issues with what I believe is arthritis at the base of the thumb at the wrist.
Sounds like carpal tunnel Had to have both thumb’s repaired

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I am a week and a half out on TKR on the right side, had TKR of the left knee October of last year. Left did so well, had to have the right one fixed, too. Dr. Reddick is with Southwest Orthopedics replaced both knees and I would highly recommend him and his staff.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never be able to work on a watch with that finger, imagine you're doing something delicate and the finger "snaps." The watch parts are suddenly spread all over the room. Your finger can be properly taken care of by a physician and it won't take long and you're on your way home! I've had the problem twice, once gave me an injection of xylocaine and made a small cut and scrapped around and fixed he finger and the second simply gave me an injection which id the job. It's not painful, it's quick and it works. Don't put it off if you have insurance, no sense in suffering anymore than you have to suffer. Life is full of that stuff anyway.
Talked to the doc at the time of my shoulder surgery last year (should have had it done while I had my deductible met), and he said that the injections don't always last, and that surgery was the permanent way to fix it. Girl I work with had it too, and had the same results. It really gets in the way of things.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on w/c and they won't approve that treatment. I got the same amount of flex with pt and home exercises at 6 weeks. I could have been approved for more pt but I got much more improvement through home exercises ( my gf's oldest is a pt and sent me exercises to improve strength and flexibility). I've been told about hyperbaric treatment and it's benefits. There is one I deliver to @ nw 23rd and Council. They treat veterans.
The owner of the hyperbaric business on Hefner road started the NW 23rd & Council location and he treats veterans too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom