Had to buy a pickup battery today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been buying batteries at Atwoods for a while. I started buying them for my equipment but now they go into our vehicles.
They are around half the price as box or auto stores and include a 3 year free replacement warranty on the vehicle batteries. The boat and equipment batteries have a 2 year free replacement.
I haven’t had to replace one yet. Atwoods will put them on sale occasionally for 10% off.

I also keep a desulfurization trickle charger on the batteries that sit, like the 4 wheeler, the mower, the Duramax, the battery I have on my hydraulic tube bender, etc. I will even plug in the Jeep at nite, the battery in it is dated 2017.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
China owns all the lead.

AGM is the way to go.

A trickle charger will maintain your battery and make it last a lot longer.

HF would put theirs on Sale for $4.99 (haven't seen that since C-19). Picked up a couple with FREE coupons. I keep 5-6 going all the time. Especially important in winter.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a good thing I only buy every four years or so. Rest assured, these are a good investment. Keeps you going from point A to point B!

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2008 Toyota Tundra battery went Coput. I went to Toyota to see if it was under warranty as I bought the truck used 2 years ago. Nope not under warranty. It was 10 years old. They quoted me $180. I went to Oriellys auto and their price was about the same but the warranty was only three years. Toyota was 3 years FREE REPLACEMENT and then Prorated for the next two. I went back to Toyota!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China owns all the lead.

AGM is the way to go.

A trickle charger will maintain your battery and make it last a lot longer.

HF would put theirs on Sale for $4.99 (haven't seen that since C-19). Picked up a couple with FREE coupons. I keep 5-6 going all the time. Especially important in winter.
Actually we have a lot of lead, lithium and other rare earths, the EPA stands in the way...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had to buy 3 batteries in the last year and a half. All 3 the same size/type. The first was $145 the 2nd was $170, the third was $185 just 3 months ago. Those prices are with the core exchange and without tax..

Latest posts

Top Bottom