Half or Quarter Cow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you on here do this for a living or have a quality lead in the OK/Tulsa area that butcher and sell half or quarter cows? Looking to make a purchase or at least have it ready when we are in OK for the Christmas holidays. Thanks for the help.
Prairy Rose between Amber and Pocasset is where I always go. I used to take in steers to slaughter there and you can also buy a 1/4 or 1/ but call and get your order in because they have a wait..probably -3 months and they dont do deer because they simply stay so busy with beef.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of sketchy things go on in the meat processing world. There are some great shops but also some terrible ones. We used one in Coke, TX that was downright weird. We had a nice, beautiful steer that was dropped off. Pinned up, grain feed, given a couple beers occasionally. I mean pampered and well fed. We spent hundreds of dollars feeding of the animal. We did not drop off, but when we picked up the couple workers were acting weird. When we were paying I asked to look around, and went walking through a couple areas. One of the workers followed me around with a knife in hand. I lifted my shirt and put my hand on my now not concealed gun grip. He was staring at me intently. It was super odd. These guys were just Deliverance Different.
Anyways, we got our ‘beef’ out and loaded without any help. A couple days later we started eating on what I can only describe as ‘not beef’. I think it might Bob, the new guy, who didn’t work out. We tried one of every cut, and it was all terrible!!! Steaks didn’t look like anything I’ve ever seen. We threw it all out after trying some pieces. Definitely not beef!

Then this story broke:
https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/sl...used-of-murdering-71-coworkers-over-17-years/
you ate a person? DUDE! Thats nasty and I would have turned that meat over to authorities and a pathologist to identify it for sure.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of sketchy things go on in the meat processing world. There are some great shops but also some terrible ones. We used one in Coke, TX that was downright weird. We had a nice, beautiful steer that was dropped off. Pinned up, grain feed, given a couple beers occasionally. I mean pampered and well fed. We spent hundreds of dollars feeding of the animal. We did not drop off, but when we picked up the couple workers were acting weird. When we were paying I asked to look around, and went walking through a couple areas. One of the workers followed me around with a knife in hand. I lifted my shirt and put my hand on my now not concealed gun grip. He was staring at me intently. It was super odd. These guys were just Deliverance Different.
Anyways, we got our ‘beef’ out and loaded without any help. A couple days later we started eating on what I can only describe as ‘not beef’. I think it might Bob, the new guy, who didn’t work out. We tried one of every cut, and it was all terrible!!! Steaks didn’t look like anything I’ve ever seen. We threw it all out after trying some pieces. Definitely not beef!

Then this story broke:
https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/sl...used-of-murdering-71-coworkers-over-17-years/

:yikes2:

What CHenry said! I'd just add that if it turns out to be something weird, that I really don't want to know about it, just get the proper authorities involved. Damn, that's just nasty!

Latest posts

Top Bottom