Halloween Costumes - Let's see them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One year of trick or treating stands out.
We came to a house that had the porch light on. There was a table with three levels loaded with Hershey kisses and a sign to please take one.
Us younger kids were under the watchful eye of my mom so one is all I dared to get before we headed back across their front yard.
My older brother was wearing some kind of mask with the rubber band and turns out he couldn't see worth a crap.
He scooped a whole shelf of Hershey kisses into his bag but slammed into a tree in front of the house while making the getaway and his candy went flying.
He was on the ground gathering it up and when we got home his bag had some candy but was also loaded with pine needles and little pine cones.
I had never heard of karma at that point but I guess he found it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still traumatized by the very first Halloween that I can remember. It's seared into my mind forever. I was probably 8 years old and a HUGE Batman fan, like most 8 year old boys were.

Well, the year was 1976 and anybody round about my age, knows what Halloween costumes were back then. Basically, they were a one piece jumpsuit kinda thing, that had an open back with a tie at the back of the neck, complete with a plastic mask that covered your face with as rubber band that wrapped around the back of your head, securing it in place.

Being a "robust" or "husky" child (read: fat) my mother found the biggest Batman costume that TG&Y had in stock. Normally, kids wore their costume over their clothing. Sadly, I was so big, that was not an option. So in order for me to don me Batman costume, I had to do what I had to do. You guessed it! I didn't have anything on under me costume but me baby soft skin, a pair of sneakers and a pair of whitey-tighties.

Onward! There was justice to be served and candy to be had!

The very first house we came to, I tripped over something in the yard, hit the ground with a thud and split my brand new Batman costume from bow to sternline.

With all the dignity I could muster, I picked myself up, held the seams together with my free hand the best I could (I wasn't about to leg go of my Jack-O-Lantern candy bucket) and sauntered back to the car, holding back the tears the best I possibly could.

At home, my father saw my situation snd took action. He told me to go to my room and put on a pair of jeans. Thinking my evening of magic and wonder and candy galore was coming to an end, I reluctantly did as I was told. I then returned to the living room and my father had taken a pair of scissors and cut away the costumes pants, leaving the Batman top and cape. He put it on me, tied it off in the back and repaired the broken rubber band in the mask and sent me back out to a wonderful night of tricks and treats!

Halloweens have come and gone, but that particular Halloween will live in my mind forever.
Hmmm. I wonder if that somehow ties in with your obsession of buying & selling Glocks...
:drunk2:

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Murphy girl

Attachments

• murf20203.jpg
    murf20203.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 104

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to be big into halloween when living in town on a cul de sac, but since moving to the country 30 some years ago, zero come out this far.
The kids would always set up a gruesome scene with catsup blood everywhere, Bodies on the ground and a string system that took a ghost around the corner to the porch.
Fun times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom