Hand Held GPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a hand held GPS. I want something that is pretty interactive on the computer, like I can make a box around a lease for the boundary without having to walk around the lease to establish the coordinates. Make sense?

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Garmin Dakota 20 and it has been awesome, it's helped to get me out of a couple of jams. The Garmin Oregon series is another that is pretty user friendly. I used to own a Lowrance iFinder and I didn't particularly care for it, it wasn't user friendly enough for me and I always had trouble getting satellites even in the open on a clear day but maybe they have improved. I have also messed around a little with some Bushnell's and the Garmin eTrex series but haven't found anything I like better than the Dakota's and the Oregon's. I've never tried what you describe with the perimeter of a lease but I'll bet with the Garmin Basecamp software it can be done and stored on your GPS but I think you can do it on Google Earth as well and that won't cost you anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom