Handgun Brands Ranked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Are Kimbers really that sh*tty? I've never shot one.

Recent productions… yeah they’re probably pretty crappy..

The one I have is a dream though. I haven’t actually looked up when it was built. Shoots everything I put through it though and I love it but if I get more 1911’s I won’t get anymore Kimbers if I’m being honest.

65463FE8-B18E-4503-9AAE-9351D716F220.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are Kimbers really that sh*tty? I've never shot one.
I think the biggest problem with Kimber is like anything else. Chevy is better than Ford, Yankees are better than White Soxs, etc,etc,. There are always people that think whatever they like is the best. Kimber has had some lemons but, Sig has too. I guess I should have listed 1911s are better than Glocks. Me, I like H&K and Sphinx the most.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being Kimber is crappy according to this guy, I would hate for y'all to hang on to them. So as a gesture of concern for your status as a honorable gun owner I will be offering 50% of their value to anyone wanting to redeem their status by selling to me. Any takers?????

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, idk what crappy or junk or any of that means regarding a Kimber because nobody says what it is.
I DDG’d “why do Kimbers suck” and it was almost all opinion, and zero evidence other than bad magazines. That seems to be a common theme, is bad mags.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, idk what crappy or junk or any of that means regarding a Kimber because nobody says what it is.
I DDG’d “why do Kimbers suck” and it was almost all opinion, and zero evidence other than bad magazines. That seems to be a common theme, is bad mags.
External extractors, those were junk. My latest ones, while pretty, none of them would chamber a round, the extractors were that poorly adjusted from the factory.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of the ones I have are the best --- for me!!

Actually, my best two are around 80 years old. One is 82, the other is 79. Shoot them both regularly.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Kimber got a bad rap many years ago when they tried to go full EE with their 1911s. After 4 revisions of said external extractor they went back to internal and had few issues. Many also hate the "series II" Schwartz safety system.... including me. The non series II guns are GTG IMO. Their revolvers blow away anything from S&W or Ruger to say the least.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber got a bad rap many years ago when they tried to go full EE with their 1911s. After 4 revisions of said external extractor they went back to internal and had few issues. Many also hate the "series II" Schwartz safety system.... including me. The non series II guns are GTG IMO. Their revolvers blow away anything from S&W or Ruger to say the least.
Ah, IC. That makes sense now with what @El Pablo said. Much more definitive than "they suck" or "crappy".

Latest posts

Top Bottom