Handgun hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cabelas sells used guns on consignment. Which means they ask the seller how much he wants for it, then tacks on their 20%. I would look elsewhere.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are serious about handgun hunting, then get a serious hunting handgun.

This custom Ruger Super Blackhawk averages 2" groups @ 100 yards for 6-shots.

Standard accuracy and deer hunting load is as follows:

CASE: Starline nickel plated 44 magnum - match prepped.

PRIMER: CCI-350

POWDER: Winchester 296 / 24.0 gr.

BULLET: Remington 240 gr. JHP

1634833274245_032-2.jpg

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I hunted deer I killed a decent (for my area) buck and a doe with my Glock 40. Before that, I’ve used a Ruger SuperRedhawk .44 mag and a Glock 35 to successfully take deer. All iron sights, longest shot has been +/- 40 yards.

For deer, I would, in my opinion, not want to use anything less than a .357 Mag. It took too many shots with the .40 caliber for my liking. Other calibers will get it done, but something is comforting with using a +500 flb loading to hunt with. YMMV

It is more of a challenge, especially with traditional revolvers and autoloaders.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I found a sorta reasonably priced Ruger MKIV target model with a 10” barrel locally. You guys think it would be worth selling my Smith and Wesson victory for it? I enjoy the victory, but feel the longer barrel could give me closer to rifle performance and accuracy than the victory’s 5.5” barrel.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would encourage you to try handgun hunting. I’m no expert but I’ve killed a few deer with my Glock 40 10mm and super red hawk 44 mag. Killed two javelina with the Glock back in March. It made hunting more challenging again. Plan on hunting with my sig 220 this year.😁

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that S&W model 27 collection at cabelas today. Still 27 model 27’s left. Pretty cool to see that many classics at the same time.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that S&W model 27 collection at cabelas today. Still 27 model 27’s left. Pretty cool to see that many classics at the same time.
I got to see all of those on Sunday too, my 1st thought was someone has a really NICE S&W collection, my 2nd thought was why am I so poor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom