Handgunlaw.us Seeking Assistance on Carrying Long Guns in Vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Slider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.handgunlaw.us is seeking assistance in cataloging all the states laws/regs on keeping a long gun in a vehicle all the time. Due to what is happening in the world and here at home I am seeing the question more and more about carrying a long gun in a vehicle all the time. What just happened in Canada got me 5 emails on the day it happened and at least one every days since about Long Guns in Vehicles. Loaded/Unloaded. Cased/Uncased. Trunk or back of vehicle or anywhere in the vehicle or not allowed etc etc. Information people would need to stay within the law in their state or a state they travel to with a long gun in their vehicle. Sad to say but it is us good guys/gals that only obey the law but we have to know what they are to stay within them.

All this info will be assembled and put into one document for all the states. It will be available free for anyone who wishes to view the information. There is no more knowledgeable people to ask than those who live and use firearms in their home state is the reason I am asking this on a lot of different state specific Firearm Forums.

The laws/Administrative Rules Laws on Long Guns can be almost non-existent or spelled out completely. Many times they can be found in the hunting laws. If you could assist Handgunlaw.us with the alpha/numeric code for a state statute or Administrative Rule or a link to the states hunting laws that spell out the states stance on carrying long guns in vehicles it would be greatly appreciated. I have to have something official from a state agency. I would appreciate an email with the info sent to [email protected] as I can miss PM’s etc if possible.

This will takes a few months to gather all this info and catalog it as I have to check everything out. I will post a link to the finished document on every Firearm Forum that I post this request on. That link will also be added to www.handgunlaw.us Thank you for your time and assistance. Handgunlaw.us is what it is because of all the assistance I get from those who give me a heads up on law changes and help me in so many different ways to keep Handgunlaw.us up to date.

Latest posts

Top Bottom